It's a Wrap!

Need some nice "It's a Wrap" settings for a smooth motion blur!

Post them here!
Or just send a PM. ;-)

Edit: Or any kind of tips for a smooth motion blur.

tabé
Comments
!!! NECESSARY FORUMPOST !!!

read the readme
ask ogrec he will tell you
Need "It's a wrap" for CoD4 :P
It may work if CoD4 captures in TGA format, try this method (you'll have to make sure basepath in the cfg file points to a valid directory, and set patch_et=0).
Parent
seems nice :D
Parent
yeah i really have to eat now smth like this or i die :D
Parent
die then :>
Parent
k but you have to show me how before so
Parent
Jump to the rose garden!
Parent
hes not gonna die to that :(
Parent
skip=0
merge=17
weights=1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,6,7,8,8,8,8,8,8
for cl_avidemo 1000

Once you finish recording, open tga sequence in vdub and change framerate to 29.412.
Also, same framerate must be in vegas. When you import the clip to vegas you have to right click on it, select properties and change playback rate to 2.
Now you can lower speed down to 50% (if you set it lower it will be choppy).

Make sure you enable supersampling (ctrl+sift+b, insert video supersampling) and set it to 8x (except for the parts in which you use lower speed, use 0 supersampling there) for 100% playback speed, when you reduce playback speed to 50% dissable supersampling or clip will become too blurry.

you can see what kind of blur you get in this clip http://new.crossfire.nu/?x=news&mode=item&id=1969

other option would be if you use 31.25fps for final framerate and
skip=0
merge=16
weights=1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,6,7,7,7,7,7,7
repeat steps from above, but set framerate 31.25 in vdub. again, you can reduce speed only to 50%, but if you need to reduce speed to 25% you can re-record scene with merge set to 8 and playback speed set to 4 in vegas.
I havent tested this yet, but in theory it should work fine.

you could go for 25fps final framerate too, but i dont think anything less then ~30 is good for et; unlike q3 et has headshot hitbox so players have to stay sharp if you want to see headshots. For players to stay sharp you need less blur, meaning clips will get more choppy at low framerates, only way to compensate for that is by using higher framerate.
how is it when u work in AE(afx) do u need to do the vegas settings with supersampling first and then import it to AE or do AE have a similar "tool"
Edit: when i try to set the vegas settings to Frame rate:29.4120 round it off to 29,000000 even with pixel aspect ratio: 1,4120
Edit2:got it working now u need to import a 29.4120 clip to set the framerate to 29.4120
Parent
i first do the color correction in ae , then do vegas editing (and supersampling), and then, in the end, i do some more effects in ae, after everything i needed to do in vegas is done.

Edit: when i try to set the vegas settings to Frame rate:29.4120 round it off to 29,000000 even with pixel aspect ratio: 1,4120
you need to set to 29, 412, not 29.412, pixel aspect ratio has no effect on it.
Parent
;bgcol=0.0,1.0,0.0
merge=?
merge=17
weights=1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,6,7,8,8,8,8,8,8
basepath=etpro\screenshots
crop_top=?
crop_bottom=?
patch_et=1

What must I write at the ?'s?
Parent
You should only have "merge" once in the file, but add "skip=0".

The cropping parameters depend on which resolution you use when you capture and which aspect ratio you want in the movie.
Parent