Optical drive problem

Well every time i put a disc into my samsung drive nothing happens. i click on the dvd / ram drive in My Computer and it says insert a disc, dosent seem to be reading anything. Its a relatively new computer so i dont no why its happening. Its set to master and is in IDE channel: 4 if that makes any difference. But it did manage to read discs and install things at first but just seems to have stopped working now. thx for replies
Comments
hmmm...download the driver and install it?

i have no idea, rly :(
had the same,
needed to send back the dvdram drive and got new one back,
worked for me :>
There are two options;
1. If the drive begins to read the disc (a burning sound) but it keeps saying in your OS that u need to insert the disc, there's something wrong with the IDE connection, could either be the IDE controller of your mainboard or the one of your DVDRAM, or the IDE cable is broken.

2. If the drive doesn't do anything at all, the drive is broken. You can try a firmware upgrade, but 95% sure that it won't work.

Hope this will help you in advantage

#LatencyGaming
might be broken, (my friends drives have broken like 3 times in the last few years....) or something with the cables or incompablitiy (I got no idea how to spell that, sorry for that), or maybe drivers, dunno if a cd drive can need drivers? but who knows...