FM Common Prob

How to get Oliver Kahn, how to get the German National team to have the correct players and how to enable pictures from NL players

FM2008 folder -> data -> db -> 800 -> lnc -> all -> fake.lnc (open with notepad)

Looks like:

#Germany
"FAKE_NATIONAL_TEAM" 771 1

#Holland
\DISABLE_PLAYER_PICS" 784 1

#player name changes
"CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" 1277 "Jens" "" "Mustermann"

Change to:

#Germany
"FAKE_NATIONAL_TEAM" 771 0

#Holland
"DISABLE_PLAYER_PICS" 784 0

#player name changes
"CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" 1277 "Oliver" "" "Kahn"

Also check the other files for enabling China, South Korea, Japan, correct trophy names e.g. Euro cup -> UEFA cup. You can also get team logos, competition logos, backgrounds, pictures for premiership players, etc, by adding the files in the correct folder, you can get such files from www.sortitoutsi.net

If you have some queries, post up and i'll try to help, seems like there are alot of people here on xfire with them, whether it be installing, ingame, etc
Comments
Alredy posted in some FM journal by axel but always nice to have.
ye Its fixed thanks to you ^^
Parent
could you do me a big favor and send me your file of that becuse vista is like the biggest biatch ever wont let me edit files and save em btw pm me, pumu, sheep or foonr to join http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=clan&mode=item&id=2244
admin user and you have no probs with vista :S
Parent
well i do... and am admin...
Parent
you created another user with full admin rights ? becoz if you just gave yourself all the rights it dont work :S
Parent
i see will try that then
Parent
Be quiet.
Will it fuck up a save game, or do you need to start a new game?
Saved-Game compatible.
Parent
whats the reasoning behind Kahn name change and the non-existent germany team.. the latter has been like that for a few of the last releases.
He owns the rights to his own name.
Parent
Now I like him even less...
Parent
he even had some fight with EA about his rights ^^
Parent
nice site, just too bad its so damn slow
Where do you have to put the downloaded skins

(game-skin, players pictures, competition pictures) etc .. ?
When I open my map FM 2007 there Is an map called skins so I think you have to create or copy that and paste it in your FM 2008 map and add the skinks you like .
Parent
yea i found that, im looking how to add players pictures :<
Parent
Sortitoutsi is like the slowest page ever :-/

Edit: Does anyone have the german.ltc (language file) ?
btw you can just delete all 3 files in there problem solved