Vista and ET

So with the help of most threads in here, i got to play ET fine. It connects to a server and lets me play.

The problem lies here:

I have to execute my config to have my settings like brightness, mouse sens etc etc.

As soon as i do a vid_restart i get an error that the windwos is corropted or something. (dont know the error by heart but i will post it if need be).

Are there any others using vista getting this type of error OR

How can i execute my "autoexec" as soon as the game starts, or as soon as i connect to a server. In that case i wont be needing a vid_restart and problem solved.

Comments
cheaterlover :XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Topic name :

Vista and ET

Quote by Slarto
cheaterlover :XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

kk nerd
Parent
you dont get it so shut the fuck up

kk nerd - nice insulting skills
Parent
nice trying to be pathetic
Parent
so your saying that i failed in being pathetic?
thanks for the compliment tard.
Parent
I just explain you that you wanna show to everybody that you're pathetic , thats my point 'tard'.
Parent
Why do we have to hate on the internet? Why cant we just be friends :(
Parent
true that , lets be friend :< !
Parent
I got Vista and i played ET maby it delays on ur CFG or there are some setting in ur computer that they dont accept it and if u do it it wil be an error
Impossible

Only on my laptop you wont get that error

Really misterious ...
got that probl 2, nothing to do?:P.. or?
disable UAC

works for me
explain pls :)
Parent
you can disable it somewhere in the control panel (accountcontrol or something, i got the german vistaversion :<)
Parent
I never get the error ,UAC enabled or not :)
Parent
once u start ET, put etpro mod on and then execute youre config before you connect into server and vid_restart.
Then it wont kick you :)
Thx bb

Vista user.
this solved my problem.....thanks for your help :)
Parent
or just do a b_cvarlist on the server, copy the ranges and merge your cfg with proper settings so u wont need any vid restart
Parent
I use Vista and have the same problem, although I don't load configs afterwards nor vid_restart. But if I do, it will do the same. Doesn't really bother me that much, since I don't need those two things.

Vista 64-bit with UAC enabled.
Read my comment and it solves everything
Parent
So it seems, bit odd solution but it works :)
Parent
When you do this, it reloads the graphics and vista does not like this, hench why you alt+enter and it crashes ET :P.

What you need to do is, load the etpro up in which the server is hosting, disconnect... Exec configs and then vid_restart... connect like normal

EDIT SORRY SOMEONE ALREADY SAID WHAT TO DO, DID NOT READ :X
its ok.... :)
Parent
I got that too annoying as fuck :<
n1 spammer!
Parent
lololol avi or it didnt happen !
Parent
it didnt happen! Xd
Parent
vista </3 ET
vista </3 ventrilo too
ventrilo works just fine with vista....

and even ET with some swearing moments, at last it works fine now :)
Parent
xp > vista
2nd that
n1 spammer!
Parent
spammer where? avi or it didnt happen!
Parent
watch behind your back, use your imagination and you will find your avi !
Parent
Btw, if you get that error. there are like 100 things you can do.

» Reinstall PB ?? (BAD!)
» Put VID_RESTART in your CFG? (is an option)
» R_ignorehwgamma 1 (very good solution)
» Take another CFG from another player idk who you like to spank his ass, but take his cfg.

If you still cant connect to an normal server without getting that error, reinstall ET. Delete it from your computer totally. and then reinstall.

Cu np hf gl