COD4 multiplayer demo

Hi ! I wanted to try out cod 4 multi before I buy the full game ,I typed cod 4 multi.. demo
in and downloaded a few versions but all of them are single player ...
was mp version ever released ? if yes .. can anyone help me finding the link ?
many thanks ..
Comments
Nope, no multiplayer demo.
damn...I seemed to be right :(

how the hell do I know if it's any good ^_^ ?
Parent
Just ask me. ;)
Parent
i think i know the answer :P ( YES) could you make 2 reasons why do you find this as a good game !
Parent
First of all, I've played it since it was released; this is not a reason ;)

Secondly, do you want me to reason about "clan play" or "pub play"?
Parent
rather pub because I can't see myself involved in clans once again but who knows... if I like the
pub I will love competitive side of it :>
Parent
Hehe well, I do not play that much on publics :D

But when you get the game, there is a sort of WoWish XP hunt on publics, which is quite addictive. It can be both good and bad, the good thing is that there is a goal with public play, the bad thing is that people who are at higher levels has advantages over you. The XP/level system is very well made, by the fact that you unlock new weapons and perks, during play. There is also "challenges" which makes public play interesting, a funny challenge is where you have to fall atleast 30 feet. When completeling a challenge you get XP.

Don't know if that helped you out a bit?
Parent
sounds pretty nais to me..eventhough i always hated this game(without knowing anything bout it ofc)..luckily/unfortunately my laptop is not good enuff for cod4
Parent
when u play pub u will be raped 24/7 by campers. hf
Parent
im a camper myself, np
Parent
Funny, when I play on publics, I rarely get owned by campers. I shoot the campers ;)
Parent
Hm depends, i recently started to play some cod from time to time again, so it might be that i only need to get back in it :D
Parent
It has helped a lil bit :) You've given me some info about gamplay,I didn't know about unlocking weapons as you get more xp ,sounds nice. How about shooting at ppl ? are there any headshots /hitsounds ? Do you feel lotto factor or is it more about accurate aiming ?
long duels or who's quicker- wins (like CSS ) . Is it very buggy ? that's all i need to know.
Ive started downloading full version just to try out , but it will take a little while .7 gb
Parent
When it comes to aiming, you might be missing the centre-dot from ET. There is ironsight, red-dot sight (unlock), ACOG sight (unlock), which might help you more. But when you play the game enough, you get used to the regular iron sight.

There are hitsounds, but no difference in the sound between headshot and bodyshot.

There is some sort of lotto factor, but my experience is that accurate aiming is noticable. Duals, well they tend to be as quick as in CS. The gameplay in general is faster than CS though.

The game is not buggy at all, IW is releasing updates all the time. Since the released they (well Nvidia to some extend) have also provided the community with 4 new maps.

The only thing in CoD4 that I personally is missing a lot, is CoDTV. I do not understand why IW is not interested in creating this, or outsourcing it.
Parent
Im getting more convinced.Thank you for your time !
Parent
duels arent skillful in anyway, since its mainly not about tracking, but about bad predictions...
Parent
download the game and play at cracked servers?!?!?!
Parent
does it mean presence of cheaters as well ?
Parent
dunno how it is nowadays :\
Parent
i started on cracked servers aswell before i bought it, there were many servers and not really many cheaters, dont think there are too many now.
Parent
I will try :)
Parent
yeh, rather download the 4gb than spending money for nothing in case u dont like it :p
Parent
what arachon said.
download cracked version

it's not worth it though.
if you like ET, you wont rly like COD imo
yeah, CoD4 is awesome!
Parent
thought the same for 2 days :D
Parent
the pub on cod4 is soooooooo awesome

never really liked it in wars tho... way too slow
cod4 is similair to cs 1.6

but not similair enough for me not to like it, its fun to go on now and then on pubs and kill peeps ;]
Yeah and ET:QW is similair to ET its fun to kill some people on pubs ;]
Parent
I like the gathers on ETQW =)
Parent
I will probably enjoy etqw more, but Ill have to wait for a new PC for that beast. ;]
Parent
I ment it as sarcasm. Its just totally bullshit that u compare COD4 with CS :p
Parent
not really, same round format, same weapon era, so its samey - they arent indentical of course.

Just like RtCW and ET, they arent identical by a long stretch, but the similarities are more obvious here I guess ;)
Parent
just play at cracked servers... im sure u'll find 1 or 2 somewhere..
ye ive been trying to find one ...no result so far :(
Parent