windows api function 131144

hi, i am kicked after every vid_restart because of windows api function 131144. do u have any solution for my problem pls? reinstall of pb done, of graphic drivers done, of ET done...
Comments
install XP
cheater
have the same, tried everything suggested and still doesnt work =[
vidrestart before connecting
its just the luck of the trade... mine use to do it... dont anymore :) i heard around it has something todo with graphic card settings... so try these and see if it still happens (need nVidia card though)

image: b0l4fv1v1dmg3wex5
could i ask u what version of drivers u have? and where did u download it from?
Parent
175.19 and off the nvidia website i think... if i still have it want me to upload it?
Parent
no, thx, ive got the same... but i dont have in that options some things that u have, thats why i am asking what version..
Parent
well i have 8800 GTS so i should really have more options that your 7600... hmm guessing it didnt work then
Parent
i am trying it at the moment, and it seems like it works man :) hope so
Parent
so i am not so lucky, still have same kicks :(
Parent
ah sorry dude :<
Parent
i never had any prob (intel card)
Parent
some people are just that lucky :<
Parent
U know, funnily enough, i used to get this wen i vid_restart'd. Until last night, wen i vid_restarted i didnt get kicked! I went to the et.exe properties, disabled visual styles, and ran in compatibilty mode for windows server 2003. Im NOT saying that this IS the solution, but it IS all i changed.

Vista, right?
im guessing you mean visual themes?
Parent
No, styles. If i meant themes, i woulda said themes. A theme is an overall style, sounds, cursors, and msc's. Areo is a STYLE.

But thanks anyway.
Parent
well the fact there is no option for visual themes makes you 100% correct :gloat:
Parent
yeah vista, but your solution doesnt works :(
Parent
un fkin lucky :(
Parent
Usually it works if you vid_restart once before joining a game. Then after that it should work normal. I have no need to vid_restart , so I haven't used this in a while.
Parent
selfbust :-)
i have same, so i stoped using it
hmmm vid_restart when you open et seems to have fixed it for me
just dont vid_restart, np
under vista DONT minimize. only with q3minimizer.
And turn OFF UAC @ user acounts
deinstall vista
or just /exec autoexec and /vid_restart before you connect to the server

you cant vid_restart ingame :)