External crosshair programs

I want to make my walls and textures @ et look more clear and simple, but I've noticed that it's really hard because I'm using Ati graphics card and catalyst drivers. There are not many options to adjust textures...
By setting Mipmap detail level to High performance in catalyst control center, crosshairs under the size of 50 either get dimm or vanish totally.
I would just like to know, if external crosshair programs are considered as beeing illegal? If not, where can I find one, if they are, nvm.

Random pics:

image: 11fmp2yzf6dc1

image: 11fmp3dv1pam9
Comments
yes illegal.
loool
riva tuner used razz is banned from cb :]
As you can see from the pics, his tweakings made bushes & trees & small stones disappear and that's not my aim.
Parent
but not for using riva...was banned for external xhair
Parent
using riva is illegal l too and will cause cb ban.
Parent
srsly? lol so its legal to use it to change settings so bushes almost disappear as long u dont have external crosshair ? =/
Parent
no, that's not what I said. I said using rivatuner is not illegal. Using it to an extend where you gain an ingame advantage such as bushes and trees starting to disappear, THEN you are using it in an illegal manner.
Parent
smartypants D:
Parent
and you can get cb ban for doing it ? =)
Parent
but he had external crosshair there.. and could get ban only because of that too
Parent
if you set mipmap/lodbias settings to high so that bushes and trees and branches start to disappear, then yes you will get banned for it.
Parent
is there anyway u can still get those kinda texture as in the PBSS without removing Tree's etc. cause i rly love those texture's
Parent
Nope. Not that smooth without it being illegal.
Parent
heard people talking bout lodbias, so i tried it.. lodbias 10 didnt do jack
neither did 20
neither did 30
so what the hell i did 1000 and my et crashed :<

doesnt lodbias do anything ingame?
Parent
they all mean lodbias in riva. (high mipmap). and I suggest you don't try it cuz it WILL be considered cheating.
Parent
i alrdy have any hack there is downloaded, i can add riva to my collection.
Parent
you already have any hack out there downloaded? in that case, fu. added to ignore.
Parent
admin's cant ignore <:
and i think that guy is just making a bad joke
Parent
z0mg lol wut wtf i was kidding ><
Parent
they are illegal
dot @ tft != illigal (i don't use)
with marker like oldschool cs? XDD
Parent
r_textureMode "GL_nearest_MIPMAP_NEAREST"
bibuy n1 selfbust
you are not allow to use them
but if ppl ask, just say you didnt know that ^_^
then I will gief link to this site & he will be banned still bibuy !!
Parent
do it for the lolz
Parent
im gonna try :)
Parent
i have tried it, and its very fun :>
Parent
u can make ur own external crosshair, just paste a sticker in the middle of ur screen xD
just like ppl do on CoD ^^
custom crosshair v.2
if you really want an external crosshair, make a small sticker and put it on your screen :XD
shouldnt that be illegal too? =D
Parent
external crosshair is illegal.
so tell Kiewan to remove it from his FTP (and the probot aswell or put a password lol)
Parent
tell him yourself maybe? Why should I tell him.
Parent
cos he already said he ignored me :(
Parent
so? I'm not responsible for what kiewan has on his ftp.
Parent
your ass is on it!
Parent
It's not like you or Ronner could make a difference to what he has on its FTP. It's his FTP, he can do what he likes.
Parent
just use crosshair 9 if im right and dim the primery color. the dot is much sharper then crosshair 5
doesnt matter if mipmap is too high
Parent
i have uber high mipmap + res 512/384 with cg_crosshairsize 100 i get a sharp and small dot
Parent
yeh well , you might've added that lol
Parent
if you have crosshairsize 100 and it results in a small sharp dot, then you are using rivatuner to the extend where it's illegal.
Parent
take a screenshot of it when standing at supply cp, looking towards allied spawn and lemme see.
Parent
im @ work cant and i use linux so no rivatuner 4 me im not sure its crosshair 9
Parent
ok no riva, but some other tweaks to have a higher mipmap / lodbias. Just take a SS when you're behind your own pc. I'm curious to see how a 100 sized crosshair ends up small and sharp.
Parent
cg_crosshairalphaalt 1.0
cg_crosshaircoloralt red
cg_crosshairalpha 0
cg_crosshaircolor red
cg_drawcrosshair 9
cg_crosshairsize 120

image: b0w5lcyogjzxzbd5m

nP
Parent
r_mode 6 right?

If I put those cross settings on, then it's a slightly bigger dot than my cyan cross 5 on size 40, but not really sharp imo.
Parent
that pic lies actually :P.. its sharp ingame

r_mode 8 (double click pic)
Parent
specimen, switch in between xhair 1,2,3, etc and 9. You'll see the xhair moving position! Which one is in the middle????
Parent
Testing if im still being ignored. the default crosshair
Parent
:D i removed you as you happen to write usefull comments once in a while
Parent
;0 so is it the default xhair. i spend 15 min flipping xhairs
Parent
xhair 9 vs the other is at another position
Parent
omg your right ;0
Parent
something like Poland spiceman pic. but i will make one 4 you too. btw you are right about the tweaking part but it all depends on what you call illegal. i still see threes but less then you see with normal settings, but if that is illegal then hitsounds should be illegal too
Parent
gaining a visual advantage beyond what's allowed with tweaking in a config is illegal so if you say some parts of your trees and bushes disappear then you've tweaked it to a level that's illegal.
Parent
White dot
image: 89631202kd4
1 i use
image: 99037540yn1
its sharper on my 21' CRT then on pic
Parent
yea i cant get the pic to look like in game. i also use dublescan which makes things much sharper
Parent
i tried a movie cfg long time ago and i could see through the trees+bushes :D:D:D
lolz
Can somebody make a tutorial on using rivatuner to a legal extent so noobies like me can learn how to use it? Would be nice to have high fps.
et has been released 5 years ago and u still can't buy pc to get decent fps instead of tweaking graph?

pls
Parent
Not really, I just wanna remove bushes for free instead of putting money in pansemuckls pocket.

SO PLS DON'T MESS WITH THE BEST KID.
Parent
install rivatuner Go to > power user (tab) > Click on Rivatuner\Detonator\Global > Give the LODBiasRange line a value of "15". 10 will do it too
Parent
I don't see this

> Click on Rivatuner\Detonator\Global >

I see a Rivatuner\Overclocking\Global
Parent
dont have it on this pc so i cant make the right screenshot,
image: poweruser02
thats power user now go to \Detonator\Global > LODBiasRange.
Parent
koskaan en oo huijannu, enkä huijaa
Parent
turn image sharpening up, expect headache @ low refresh rate.
get a 50+ sized crosshair, anything under 60 is playable perfectly