Looking for old panda cartoon

My sister used to love a japanese (or perharps chinese :x) cartoon back when she was a child, one thing i know is that the main character was a Panda bear.
The whole concept was rather photorealistic, not surreal - by this i mean that the panda itself actually looked like in real life rather than some fantasy figure.
Also it was rather a serious cartoon telling some kind of tale, it was not a funny story.
The last thing that can help is that the movie is at least 20 years old.

Thanks for your help, i bet on you all!!!!!
Comments
ask United Kingdom Panda
could well be that one! if it's true, thanks a lot <3
Parent
actually that's from germany, but what i'm looking for is surely chinese/japanese. i just remember seeing the characters during the intro.... i'll give more details asap.
Parent
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao_Tao_&#8211;_Tiergeschichten_aus_aller_Welt
oh so it's partly japanese, could well be what i'm looking for =]
Parent
http://german.imdb.com/title/tt0313133/
QuoteTaoTao is a Japanese animated series from 1983 (I believe), with 52 Episodes and a movie.

i think what we had was the movie, but i'll get a vcr at the end of this week ;p
Parent
One of the best cartoons ever :)
Parent
indeed, in fact i've only seen it once and i liked it a lot... we had it on a tape and i was 5 or smth when they told me this was the favourite of my sister and then i watched it. unfortunately the casette was in such a bad shape that it broke the vcr when i wanted to watch it for the second time........... doubt it would happen with modern vcr-s tho.
my sister's birthday is coming soon, thought i could get this for her, to refresh some old memories;)
after looking up some more details, they had a Tao Tao movie @ 1981, i think this was the one we had.. it was fully japanese/chinese coproduction, and i remember chinese characters at the intro (the series started @ 1983 with german/austrian coproduction, and it didn't have any of those characters @ the intro...).
i've already found a shop here in hungary where i can order the movie version @ DVD for 3 euros, think i'm gonna get it, not a big deal if i find out that it's not the one i was looking for... and perharps she is still gonna like it ;) actally i'm optimistic and i think it's the one i need ;>
Parent
Go away!
Ranma? Probably not, just getting my post counts up.
Post count on Crossfire ;s?
Parent
description is too short.
i know but this is all i know so far, i have it on a tape but horrible quality, but haven't got a vcr atm, gonna check it out
Parent
anyway best animals are cats.
I couldn't agree more
Parent
TOTALLY CORRECT!!! <3
Parent
yeh indeed, they are very cute, they scratch ur face and piss on your bed !
Parent
...and still try to make YOU feel guilty for it - and ffs, they are good at that. :/
Parent
i love my cat though :D <3
Parent
I love mine, too. :>
Parent
Maybe free willy?

Its about a panda-gang getting willy out of jail, robbing a windsurf-shop and surfing all over the world..

image: dfljhsdruohjg
image: panda01
it doesnt like you