Id tech 3 games?

I love ET. Mainly because it's game engine is what feels familiar and safe to me. It would be cool to play some single player on that engine. So I'm looking for id tech 3 games that have a single player mode.

I've already played RTCW and the Jedi Knight games which were great, and tried MoH which started to bore me quite fast..

Now what I'd like to know is: is it worth it to try Call of Duty? What about Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix? Do they feel enough like ET? Are the single players worth going through?
Comments
You've got to be kidding me. I'm not that funny.
Parent
OH THE AMOUNT OF TABLES YOU USE
PLS USE DIVS I LIKE THEM MORE :)
Parent
try call of duty I & II

especially the single player games are great. Ofcourse multiplayer rocks even more (cracked servers available or just buy it for 10€).
& 4 & World at War
Parent
id tech 3 game? = no

;>
Parent
They are idTech3 games, though the engine has gone through so many upgrades a lot of people don't consider it idTech3 anymore.
Parent
oh wouldnt have expected that... they should use such a upgraded engine for wolf2 (probably will watching the screens) and many other games
Parent
They should use a modified version of id tech 3 or something that feels like it. Otherwise I'm quite sure I won't enjoy it, and neither will many ET fans.
Parent
soldier of fortune !
Soldier Of Fortune 2 on internet IS JUST FUCKING AMMAIZING FUN :D:D:D
When I got internet that was the game I played till 03.00am :D The engine is very nice there
I used to play it in LAN with my bro but he got bored 'cos he always lost. I'd like to know if the single-player is worth trying.
Parent
Play SOF I sp which is far better :p
Parent
eliteforce + eliteforce 2
SOF2 helix feels indeed pretty nice, bit slower ofc but verry doable