http://www.neowin.net/news/live/08/10/28/introducing-the-windows-7-ui

looks promising
Comments
Quotejust wanted to refresh alil' since my last journal wasn't so popular

thats called attention whoring
yes i want attention so bad so peoples will be familiar with the new windows
Parent
downloaded it and gonna install it on a virtual machine
u downloaded the version without the aero effect & new taskbar, build 6933 cant be found yet
Parent
can't give a shit about gui effects lol
Parent
NEW taskbar, doesnt necessary means the gui, but mostly it's new features that u miss
Parent
new features like crash profile, corrupt profile data file or more useless animations and shadows under each window?
Parent
looks like vista
looks like vista tbfh
the only notice you should feel will be the speed and some new features, you dont have the 6933 build, so it sucks and reminds vista :P
Parent
Nah, i noticed the 49 Proccess's running OOTB!
Parent
49 proccess's running, out of the box.
Parent
dont like it, and not going to buy it for sure.
Vista renamed basically, nothing ground breakingly new.
thats extremely not true
Parent
Please elaborate, since you are wrong.

Vista had totally new underlaying driver architecture, 7 introduces new name and tweaked UI. What are the major differences?

More or less it is what 98SE was to 98 - but without the 98 bugs.
Parent
oh please shut up, i have no reason to explain anything, so yea, gui is almost the same, oh wow
Parent
If you try to proof your argument, you should. As obviously you know nothing about the subject, just fuck off.
Parent
You're making a claim here. So yes, you have to explain stuff. We're not gonna be thrilled about it unless we know whats different. And that obviously wont happen with you just saying "Im not telling", which in turn gives us the impression you're just talking bullshit.
Parent
na its not that, i reacted like that because i hate the type of guys like him, who read nothing but pictures
i gave you link to check the windows, why should i bother explain stuff that are allready written there?
few stuff: different system file management(code, they might skip NTFS for WindowsFS
new taskbar options(^^)
a better used memory
much more im not thrilled to explain right now
Parent
They should get a grip soon and make a much more minimalistic OS. Windows 7 HAS to be a success or Microsoft is going to face serious trouble rebuilding their reputation (yes, even though shitnerds like myself think they suck, the business sector and Joe B. Randomuser don't) after the Vista flop.
Indeed. If it sucks then they will face a very hard time against, especially now Apple etc are coming.
Parent
windows 7 WILL be good, it supposed to have everything vista didnt have, a much better memory management, much, much faster, easier usage, and maybe who knows they will drop NTFS for the WinFS feature they dropped from Vista
Parent
Quotewindows 7 WILL be good, it supposed to have everything vista didnt have, a much better memory management, much, much faster, easier usage

yeah, and it only has 50 processes from install now, hooray!

Quotedrop NTFS

They wouldn't drop NTFS, that would be suicidal.
Parent
honestly not very impressed

ill stick with arch, ty