Probs with fps

Hello,

First of all i had to format my pc cuz of some virus. After that i reinstalled all the drivers et etc....i also tried to reinstall the ATI Catalyst but it said:"setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system".

Well i said nvm just play, but then i got these fps lags and the first thing which came in my mind was PB, but i updated it. So i thought maybe it is cuz of AA and similar things which arent set to off. So i tried to dl something usefull, somehow i saw the ati tray tool.....downloaded it installed it tweaked a little bit set all to performance and voila i got unstable 45 fps even on b4.

P.S. Directx 9 = installed
Service Pack 2 = installed

Thanks in advance for every help and sry for my bad knowledge.
Comments
apologies accepted for your bad knowledge
Might be the ATI downclocking, I've noticed that when I minimize and go into Catalyst it says my clocks are only 165/250 when the card's max is 750/1004. It's really stupid to have downclocking when you're playing a game, but there's no option to turn it off in Catalyst, so it's kinda WTF.
Well before my format i had stable 100 fps and catalyst and all were working....now i cant even install it. i also tried to install only the driver for my radeon mobility 9700 without the catalyst control center but failed aswell and it said the same as mentioned.
Parent
That's weird, did you use the CD driver(if you still have it?) or the drivers off AMD's site?
Parent
ofc the gracard driver from cd is installed and the driver catalyst etc are downloaded from ATI site.
Parent
They are really nicely written, in fact those alternative drivers are the only one keeping up with updates.
Parent
buy new cpu
im having fps drops after downloading that new shit directx for cod5
cod5 sucks anyway.
did you get an error like: if you continue this installation your system can become incompatible?
Parent
Same here and I guess it is PB. I have a pretty new comp and I cant even get stable 76 fps in ET. However, in cod4 I have stable 250fps and in non-pb server there is no lag at all.
i downloaded and installed the omgea driver.....now i cant start et it says: couldnt load opengl subsystem. Im feeling like a desperate housewife :/
check your settings
Parent
exactly it says:

...created window@0,0 (800x600)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
...assuming '3dfxvgl' is a standalone driver
...initializing QGL
...WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem