HOW TO FIX THE PB LAGS

If you have rcon for your server, you can prevent it from taking pb screenshots every 10 or so minutes causing fps drops for alot of people with the simple command:

pb_sv_autoss 0

Please do this to your server as it's really annoying for those who don't have amazingly good computers.. /rcon PASSWORDHERE pb_sv_autoss 0 .. it sometimes re-enables so you might want to check it every now and then.

Sometimes, when CB doesn't do shit, you have to take matters into your own hands :-)

Please stop acting like you know everything. Just because you don't get the punkbuster lags, doesn't mean everything else does not too.[/u]

Thank yoo!
Comments
he got banged bitch.
Parent
roy jones in his prime > all
Parent
its true, but calzaghe wasnt at his best then either...

and when he was, roy was fucking around with weight classes.
Parent
thank yu
Enemy Territory/pb/pbsys.cfg

pb_system 1
i played with low computer and got stable 125 on my server and there is autoss not so high :o
maybe the server is lame not the computer because the server pb do screenshot and the client pb...
quit et, thats it.
pbss doesnt do shit with your fps. also: disabling autoss only does 1 thing: make wallhacks even more common... great idea.... NOT

edit: the only thing this thread does is reduce the amount of servers that are risky for cheaters... really... nice try, but you fail.
Don't talk if you don't know anything.

I am going down to choppy 60 fps every 5 minutes or so because of these auto screenshots, when this command is done .. I get a nice stable 76. Alot of others get the same problem too.
Parent
mm, who gets busted by pbss anyways? Hardly anyone, if anyone its a random who's too stupid to get his clean pbss working. this is also the reason why we made pbss smaller: hardly anyone gets busted by them and its the big pbss lagging ur upload, not your cpu.
Parent
yeah but if you delete pbss then I'll start using rivatuner like alot of other guys would do and that would fuck up the game
Parent
Doesn't stop you from taking pb screenshots when you suspect somebody..
Parent
i actually did get 2 guys busted with pbss from my servers not that long ago.
Parent
gratz, was it mAus and mystic or randompoltard_1 and randomfrenchie_1
Parent
every bust is a good bust. Why do you care about known or random?
The players that wont get busted today, are the pro players of tomorrow ^^
Parent
nobody gets busted by auto pb screenshots.

auto pb screenshots cause unneccessary lag for others.

it's not needed.
Parent
im sure that mo got more knowlegde than you =)

btw i got only a AMD XP 2400+ / 512 MB / Asrock Random board / 66 GT
and got stable 76 FPS.. no FPS lags so stfu thx =)
Parent
Yeah, ok i must be seeing things when my fps goes down to 60 all the time every 10 minutes and magically stays on 76 after I turn off the screenshots .. right?!?!?! :D

It is a fact that it causes lag, alot of guys I know have the same problem, so I guess you should stfu thx ;D>D
Parent
tell me why i got no lags? magic too?

btw a lot of guys i know dont got those lags.. so i guess stfu and gtfo
Parent
ohic cos you got no lags, means everybody has no lags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent
go and play with barbies.. maybe there u got no (brain) lags
Parent
you're the dumbest guy i've ever seen 8DDD

image: 13217_Avatar2008NEW_100-133

haha look at your face, you look like a rat
Parent
k im a dumb guy cos i got no lags and arent whining all the time.. thx
Parent
whatever you say ratface!
Parent
u are only one of these guy who try to diss smb. but failed and then talk shit about their rl or smth else xD
Parent
go find some cheese or something :_D
Parent
found smth on ur cock
Parent
hype at rage
Parent
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Parent
Wash your mouth with 9mm
Parent
are you playing on a gameboy or something close to that?

running stable 125fps here, no drops, except for radar with grass on
and my pc is in no way uber or even close... its actually really mediocre

no offense but... seriously... these pbss dont. do. shit.
AND WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU
Parent
fuck you!
not everyone has 125 fps stable
Parent
sorry mate, but you are just a stupid...

i got these lags aswell and before you start with this "h4h4, low PC" shit, check my profile first and see my equipment
Parent
duky haz sp0k3n
Parent
or upgrade to a dualcore and the pblag is gone.

Only lags i still got are server lags, which you can clearly see in the lagometer. I recommend you learn to read the lagometer before blaming pb for everything.
Yup, I should upgrade to dualcore just because of punkbuster. Logical.

I refuse to spend any more money just because of these shit auto pb screenshots.
Parent
Not really.. I've been having random fps lags every now and then ever since the PB was last updated.
Parent
are you sure its pb and not the new configs who got 50.000 lines of cheater cvars in them?

When i look at the lagometer after the hickup its usually the server, not my inet connection or fps lag of any sort.
Parent
Well, it appeared only recently after the latest update.. and it's only in ET so.. who knows.
Parent
i can haz thread delete now?
Would be much easier to install a proper pbss blocker than change all these server configs
Member For: 1 month and 1 day

Scarzy
it's also annoing when ppl use this cmd to drop fps when someone is making a good action :D
like i said... when taking a screenshot drops your fps, you should do the following:

1. locate the front of your pc
2. look for a button labeled 'TURBO'
3. press it
4. ???
5. PROFIT!
Parent
6. OH SHIT!
Parent
best and only way to fix pblag is to quit playing games using pb.
upgrade your shit pc kamz

worked for me
we are in 2008 and not 2000 when there were 100Mhz pc, stfu and upgrade you shit pc
solved it by ubuntu =P