pc problem

i have this problem with my pc when im using my pc for a like an hour my screen just goes black and thats it the lights of my screen and computer are still on and i just need to wait 5 mins and i can turn it on again some guy said my graphics card was broken anybody any other ideas before i buy a new 1?

edit: when i play ET it does after like 10 mins
Comments
sorry, dont know
It's energy saving :P just go to Screensaver options -> energy something and disable "stand by?"
no not really because it does it when im working with my pc
Parent
So I have no idea then
Parent
do you hear sounds while the screen is black?:<
my sound doesnt go off but i freezes like when you lag
Parent
check GPU temps with GPU-Z
Parent
whats GPU-Z?
Parent
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1281/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.3.0.html
download it, start it, click on sensors and check the temp
Parent
its says GPU memory and core nothing about temp at sensor
Parent
no TAB called "sensors" at the top? :S
Parent
yes i understand that i already was at sensor but there wasnt anything about temp
Parent
check the temperatures
graphiccard options and change ur hertz lower of ur screen ->60hertz
He wouldn´t be able to get onto desktop or play ET at all if the frequency was too high.
Parent
its your screen not the graphic card
Sounds like gfx-card or cpu is overheating,
open your case and check the coolers.
its not overheated for sure because it started when i started my pc when it had been of for like 24 hours
Parent
Well, then don´t take a minute to look after it and let it burn, your decision :)
It´s just a guess but I would check it...
Parent
checked it no hotter than normal
Parent
Member For: 2 days

who are u?:CCC
you have to buy a new computer i think, or you could try with new screen only to begin with. But I had the same problem with an old computer. When I ran programs that included animations or so, it froze after a random time, and I had to turn it off and on again. Really really annoying!

So it might be because the grapich card is broken too, but the safest thing is just to buy a whole new computer =)
Lol svele!!