Transparency Antialiasing

Is there a way to force Transpareny-Antialiasing (ATI: Adaptive Antialiasing) in opengl-games like ET? Googled a bit but found nothing useful. If yes how?

nerds welcome.
Comments
go in your nvidia control panel

image: unbenannthk7.th
it doesn´t work ingame
Parent
it does. look @ pic or go to programoptions and change it directly in ET's configuration
Parent
It really doesn´t, normal Antialiasing works ofc, but TAA is meant for transparent textures like gras, bushes, fences and so on...and it doesn´t work this way :/

(watch the grate)
off:
image: taaoffki3.th

on:
image: taaongr7.th
Parent
you have to set the antialising mode to 'overwrite the application's settings' or smth like that
Parent
It doesn´t work, just believe it of test it yourselves!
Everything works fine (AF/AA and so on) but transparency AA just doesn´t!
Parent
for me it does.
Parent
screens plz :p
Parent
posting a santa is spam ? :|
HaHa, you damn gipsy <3
Parent
it doesn´t work ingame
Parent
Maybe the ET engine doesn't implement it?
Parent
Maybe the word "force" is implemented in the topic for this reason?
Parent
I don't know anything about hardware level graphics programming, but I'd imagine the video card can't force the feature without it being implemented in the game engine. Say you have hardware level code that does shape detection, if the engine doesn't tell it that an object is a shape (or, if there are no 'shapes' in the engine at all), that shape detection will do nothing. The 'force' part just means that, no matter what cvars you have set in ET, the video card will use what's set in the drivers.
Parent
I see your point, but you can force things like anisotropic filtering and antialiasing in older games for example and they will work in general. I don´t know much about graphics coding too :/

Well, I hope some geek who is into that stuff will reply :)
Parent
You need to set it to override application settings in the control panel.

image: antialiasing
transpareny AA doesn´t work that way, everything else does.
Parent
I used to have a 6600 GT and I could never get it to work in ET(Transparency AA), it would have been unplayable anyways though. Same thing for my dad's 7600 GT.

I have an ATI HD 4670 now and adaptive AA works, but you have to say bye to your fps in certain places if you use it and it messes up the text at low resolution.

EDIT: Adaptive AA is ATI's equivalent to Transparency AA