mx518 sens+- prob

so....

The problem is that my mx518 increases and decreases sensitivity randomly and sometimes just stops working for about 1-5min (when i unplug it and plug it back in then it works again).Never had such problems before , and i like to fix it somehow because its too anoying when im playing wars.

So smart ones help me out, and dumb ones amuse me with pointless comments ;)
Comments
reinstall drivers
Buy new mouse!
my phone rang... and my mx518 changed dpi!
had the same, but @ g9 ;[
Parent
had the same, bought myself a new mouse
did ur sens make big jumps from like 800 to 1600 or just small changes in the "feeling" of the mouse? like... it feels very unstable and hard to aim with?
Parent
yep, ppl said i was crazy and it was all in my head :D
Parent
yeah ive heard the same 10 tmes... so all u did was to buy a new mouse and it was fine?
Parent
yep, got myself a deathadder. Nice upgrade imo, the mousefeet + cloth are really smooth and dont wear down. Allthough my mx518 lasted for like 5 years :)
Parent
hmm i dont feel like getting another mouse, since ive bought like 5 and all had this problem :X
Parent
thats weird :o
had it with my mx518 only. If u had it with 5 mice, it might be something else i guess. Did it occur only after awhile or when u just bought them?
Parent
after i bought them... never worked rly well

cant aim :&
Parent
get a new mouse / use warranty
had the same (changing sens randomly, combined with the mouse disconnecting by itself / broken wire)
+1

had the same three times :( it sux
Parent
7 times and they replaced all 7
Parent
Ye.. i think i need to buy a new one , my mx just died and dosnt work anymore :(
buy a cheap mouse with a thin wire and replace mx518's one with it
then it will be pwnage, much better than a new one
Parent
If you manage to switch the connectors!
Parent
3 random razer wires work fine!
Parent
All my mice have five wires.
Parent
i mean wires from 3 different razer mice are working fine!
Parent
Ah.. What did you use to take off the connector?
Parent
No fingernails :(
Parent
just pull it harder
Parent
Did you reattach them with solder.
Parent
no, they have the same connectors, just swap some of those thin wires and voila!
Parent
So just pull them out and solder them back in?
Parent
what do you mean?
razer and mx518 connectors are absolutely the same, just different small wires sequence.
to pull out those small wires do this:
image: b5mpwt3dka3t56d2c
Parent
Dunno, when I tried I couldn't pull the wires out without feeling like I would be breaking them.
Parent
they're like small harpoons, so you need to pull those plastic parts to release them first :)
Parent
Do you use your fingers to do that?
Parent
replace the wire
Take 5-6cm off the cord (where it's connected to the board of the mouse) then rewire it and it works again. But if your motor skills aren't high+ I wouldn't recommend since the wires are 1mm in diameter :P
i have 3 mx518 last days xD all fucked up like this. just dont buy it ennymore imo .next mouse ime 3.0
I had the same prob with my old mx518 so I just bought new one :)
me too :(
it's my last mx518 imo :p
Parent
lol, seems mx518 fails!