Sapphire Radeon X1950Pro

Dear Crossfire Users,

I've had problems with my card for a while, it overheats really badly even and it's quite old now. My case is fairly cool and I've got a couple of 80mm fans at the back exhausting the hot air but there's still a problem. My motherboard supports AGP and at the moment I'm not wanting to spend a lot of money upgrading my computer, i'll save that for another time when I've some money, so I wanted to buy a reasonably decent and cheap card to keep me going.

What do you think of this one (AGP version):

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=168

I can get it in the UK for about 110 Euros. Maybe a bit expensive but it might be worth it. How does this cope with games like wolf and do you think it will be ok for upcoming games?
Comments
Buy the HD3850...its cheaper and has more power
What do you think of this one (AGP version)
Parent
oh shitz, i'm sorry, read HD4850 :D
that's what you get if you want to be a smartass 8[
Parent
Those cards get very hot as well as the hd4850/4870
Parent
then buy a fucking cooler
Parent
Really? I was going to suggest wrapping it in towels so he couldn't hear the fans.
Parent
Thanks I'll have alook at that one too. it seems it's quite highly rated also, and inexpensive
Parent
I wouldn't buy an agp card anymore. Atm buying a new PC is kinda cheap. So just spare a lil more money and there u go
buy a new cooler, 15€ max
I got the same videocard as you...but on PCI-E, and totaly the same problem...it overheats terribly, once reached like 120c , it begun to smell really bad, had to ventilate my room for an hour after that :D
I've read somewhere that its an issue with all Sapphire x1950s, they got there heatsink misplaced a little bit or something like that..
Just bought an 4850 what is like 20 times better for 95 euro's
forget those nub cards buy HD4870x 1024 MB only 220 EUR

image: HD-4870-Radeon-GTX-280-Geforce-Grafikkarten,7-M-113026-13
GIGABYTE HD4870 512MB DDR5 256BIT PCI-E 2DVI HDCP
image: 998ee778fc0fac6fcafbf84e6d29b9d6500x500
x1300pro ! : )
I'm thinking about a Powercolor AGP HD 3850. It's worth it i think at about 85-90 Euros. I know to some people it makes more sense to upgrade completely, and I will one day, but for now the money I have saved is going towards travelling in the summer and studying in London (expensive) this year. Once I get a decent job I'll be more prepared to upgrade but for now it seems like a waste of money. May as well make the most of what I spent a lot of money on a few years ago.