TFT Lag solution?

I´m using a Samsung SyncMaster 226 BW connected via DVI.
All games work perfect only ET makes me dizzy. As long as I get 125 fps, it works perfect. But if i would like to use 71FPS for pistol or smth, it lags. It´s not tearing. It´s just lagging, feels like 10 fps....

Hardware and cfg on my profile. Any ideas?
Comments
I have the same setup i think, i dont seem to have any problems with mine. Maybe try a differnt lead see if thats faulty?
i had a 8600GT graphix before, same problem. I changed the DVI cable, and still the same. And it´s weird that it only happens while playing ET. COD, Fallout ,Assassins Creed worked fine.Even Quake Live won´t give me that lag when I´m using below 100 fps :O
Parent
Well im completely lost then mate sorry, have you tried things like other peoples configs to see if the resolution affects it or anything. Also have you got a dual or quad core processer because it might be that affecting it. If you have open et then do alt+ctrl+Del go to ET right click then set affanity and make it so only 1 core (cpu) is running ET.
Parent
CPU: amd X2 6400+ black edition @ 2x3,4 Ghz
Parent
had that with my old 4000+ single core,too. I´ve also set it to one core. While using 125 fps all is fine. I´ve wanted to try 71 fps for sniper/k43 and colt/luger, but there i get that problems.
Well I´ll try some random cfgs later. Thx for ur tips :)
Parent
mines like that 2 on lower fps!
BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD0G IS HERE OH YES HE IS ITS BULLD0G THE MAN WITH TEH PLAN ITS HIM HI!
Parent
you mean mr flinstone?
Parent
Do you have the same problem as mentioned here?
Parent
yeah mate same cpu aswell ?
Parent
but it isnt about the cpu, it´s the screen i think. I had the same with my old 4000+
Parent
= Buy a CRT

wuff wuff
don't use 71 fps
i have the same. I tryed to use 75 hz with 76 fps, but it seems like et is lagging @ me with 76 fps independent from 75 hz
CRT <3 :D
try some random cfg's
never had problems with lagging here.

OH WAIT IAM USING A CRT :D:D:D:D:D:
if it would be tearing... :P
Parent
Tearing is when graphics card's frame rate is greater than the monitors refresh rate. And image gets stuck on one spot of the screen for a short time. So it has nothing to do with tearing.
Parent
oh fork. i missread his topic :<
Parent
Strange but it´s not related to the monitor if other games work well. I´m used to play with 125fps / 120hz (CRT), I also tried 71/76 fps for pistol and it feels totally choppy and laggy. Maybe you are just used to the smoothness of 125 fps :)
Pretty much the same problem on lower fps than 125.
same here . also 8600 GT ...

offtopic:worth buying better card ? even if i have pci express 1.1 and not 2.0 ?
not for ET
Parent
just try 1440x900@75hz then 71fps will be ownage
prolly atm you've got 60hz, that rly sux @_@
/gun_frame 17
the only times is used a TFT i had to use 125fps or it was unplayable