1080p on DVD

hi thar,

i hope this title will attract some moviemakernerds :D I want to play a HD 1080p (1950x1080) slideshow/movie on a HD TV.

I was able to get a 720p DVD playing but theres several issues:

A) the aspect ratio is fucked up, the images get stretched a little. I seriously dont want this to happen. mu original source jpegs are 1039 x 720 and im currently playing them on 1280x720.

B) I cant get 1080p playing on a DVD :'( Is there any way that i can play full HD on a DVD player? I know its possible using a pc, but i want to fix it with a DVD player (divx compatible).

C) As a last restort i might consider using my EEE pc to playback the video, but im unsure how to connect a HDMI cable to my EEE pc. I've seen most new vid cards support this output, but ofc my EEE aint :'(

Tnx in advance,
herr uberdribe

edit: well, only faggots have replied so far. tnx to vaggi for pointing me in the right direction. tnx to all the other retards for your useless comments. I hope you feel better now
Comments
B) Yes, but u need hd-dvd or blu-ray player to get proper 1080i
C)
image: dvi-to-hdmi
B) I cant get 1080p playing on a DVD :'(

never saw someone failing so hard.
well, enlighten me. tbh, two hours ago i didnt even knew what 1080p ment, all the crap i wrote comes from google. Well, I doubt its possible, otherwise i wouldnt have been failing for the last hour or so.

So lets get back to the subject:

Question:

Whats the easiest way to play full HD video without a pc? Can i fix it by using a divx format?
Parent
just try to get any HD player
image: rys-1b
Parent
get a full hd tv (1080p), and a dvd player, able to read blue-ray.

then you buy a blue-ray-disc with a hd movie on it or you burn one yourself, but remember that you need a blue-ray-drive for your pc then, which can burn and read the blue-ray format.

thousands of €'s and the shit is yours.

HAVE FUN.
Parent
so realisticly speaking you want to use a pc to send the hdmi video data?
Parent
no.

i want YOU to burn a blue-ray disc with the help of your pc (equipped with a blue-ray burnable and readable dvd-drive) and then you can play it on your hd tv (if you should have one or on your pc, whatever).
but for that you would need a blue-ray-dvd-player and those things aint cheap.

dunno, maybe i missed your point :p if so: sorry :D
Parent
well, im looking for the most cost effective solution. I dunno anyone using blueray and i can imagine them being pretty expensive. I did see new pc's being sold with hdmi video exits so maybe getting a vid card with such an exit would be a solution.
Parent
yea maybe

the solution with getting all the equipment i told you before, would be fucking expensive.

i cant tell you any prices, but im sure you wouldnt be happy then xP
Parent
There are some devices which can rescale your DVD source video to HD material.

http://www.toshibaxde.com/how.html
Parent
My dvd player have HD video upscaling, SD movies looks bit better on it, but still this is not a proper HD.
Parent
are you one of these internetnerds who has a big mouth online but whos the last to talk on lan???
Parent
who goes to lan!
Parent
Big boy talk I see
Parent
afaik if u want to play hd movies, you'll need a hddvd player or blu player
blue-ray would be better, because its the format which made it through all the discussions :p

edit: + all movies will be released on blue-ray
Parent
ye probably, i read some interesting things about it. that blue ray is the future and that hddvd's are pretty much dead, don't know if this correct since i don't know that much about dvd stuff :).
Parent
well i dunno the exact values, but i think the space on a hd-dvd was like 7 gb (?) and the space on a blue-ray was like 25 gb (?).

so the blue-ray won the discussion about the future format decision :)
Parent
ye sick, blue ray developers are working at the moment on a quad-layer will have 100 gb's on a single blue ray :XD
Parent
Bluray dual layer: 50gb
hddvd dual layer: 30gb
Parent
Guess that ain't a dual layer disc ;)
Parent
ok thanks, didnt know the values.

maybe the ones i told him were the the first ones (?), dunno.
Parent
Maybe, bluray is 25gb per layer, while hddvd is 15 gb per layer.. Would still make you 8 gb off on the hddvd, but it's what fits best :D
Parent
I want to play a HD 1080p (1920x1080)
faildrive
A) the aspect ratio is fucked up, the images get stretched a little. I seriously dont want this to happen. mu original source jpegs are 1039 x 720 and im currently playing them on 1280x720.
dude you want to play them stretched and you wonder why they are stretched?? Otherwise full hd = 1920x1080 plus u need a hdmi cable for best qual, plus u need a device that is able to play that resolution..
1080p can handle only hdmi to hdmi cable, so if your EEE don't have hdmi port you can GTFO :(
You can get DVD player that upscales to 1080p or near it. My dad has one which works fine, and it does standard TV to 720p. The player upscales it. DVD comes in 640 resolution.