Crappy fps.

Just returned to ET after aggees, think i last played properly in 2007. My old PC which was a 3.4ghz P4 with 1gb ram and a crappy graphic card gave me atleast 76fps on all maps and 125fps on maps like Braundorf.

Now i'm back, got a new laptop and the spec is:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @2ghz (2CPUs)
3068mb Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE
Vista Home Premium

Now i know this is a laptop and the spec isn't great, but surely i should get more than 20fps on grush what the hell!? This is a game from 2003, surely a laptop from 2009 should be able to get more than 20fps! I'm using the same config i did back in '07 btw, i retreived it off the old HDD.

I'm clearly a noob so flame on, any help would be greatly appreciated though.
Comments
other cfgs
vista on laptop?
that fuckin shit needs to many ram.
and a laptop does not compare to a destop pc...

mobile cards sux
well, on my pc, several years ago, I got stable 125 fps almost everywhere on average config. now I have config for the worst pc's and still the same pc and having problem to get stable 60 fps @ supply... welcome to ET
QuoteThis is a game from 2003, surely a laptop from 2009 should be able to get more than 20fps!

welcome to et.
Use only the r_settings in the cfg
Ultra low config: http://etui.kashu.fr/autoexecugly.cfg
be sure threaded optimization is turned of in nvidia drivers panel, and setting et to high priority may help too...
welcome back to et! you welsh bugger!
your old pc was way better than my current one ;D
Both of those computers are better than mine and I get stable 76 in every map and 125 in most maps..

Just like Havoc said + use enough low com_xxxxMegs values, then the maps will load faster and you gain some fps. Great values:
seta com_hunkMegs "128" // you could also try 56 or 196, use the value with which the maps will load fastest.
seta com_zoneMegs "24"
seta com_soundMegs "24"

Also remember to set r_colorbits 16, it gives more fps & you can see through smoke. It's set to 0 in the config.

Use only the r_settings in the cfg
Fastest-fps config out there: http://etui.kashu.fr/autoexecugly.cfg

edit: Also check the gfx card drivers, that they don't have any shit settings enabled, such as anti-aliasing or anistropic filtering. Try updating the drivers as well.
vuile negeri !
Download ET ULTIMATE installer u will find it on crossfire tutriols under et
it will install the latest pb and et stuff worked for me