Petition

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.
The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid
£86 in one month. On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and pass this on to as many people as possible.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/
Comments
fuck the system. omg Blair's idea is even more than stupid :S
should include walking tax aswell
if they introduce walking tax, can I stay at your house forever?
Parent
basement, but don't forget fuzz's basement tax
Parent
uk is a fucked up country
no, holland is such a nice country
Parent
Private cars are a silly idea in the first place, logistically speaking - there's one hell of a lot of wastage. And if you really believe they'll be sitting there watching your tracker beady-eyed to see where you're going then you're a touch paranoid imo.

And speeding is AGAINST THE LAW, why don't people get that? They don't prosecute for accidental 'creeping' up to a decent margin...

Having said all that, I don't really like this particular method of charging.
yer, you live in london, so you have no idea how hard it is to get anywhere without a car in the rest of the uk.

and all it takes is one currupt cival servant to abuse that power, and i dont think its a risk worth taking.

and ive seen people being done for doing 31 in a 30, they do, they do it for money.

and i bet you vote for ken livingstone as well dont you? communist!
Parent
Believe me, I do know the state of the bus system outside of London, I've lived in the countryside for most of my childhood. Busses every 2 hours and last bus at 5pm = not fun. That's just an indication that the public transport system needs better investment though...

And ofc I vote for Ken, he's done great stuff! :D
Parent
ROFL

next thing will be paying tax for living, if u dont pay 1000€ per month, u DIE