fps optimizing & nvidia videocards

Hi, I've just a week ago updated my pc with a new CPU, more memory and a totally new graphics card with a new manufacturer (I used to have ATI gfx card).
Therefor I'd like you to share your NVIDIA controlpanel settings that give you the best fps in ET. Also if you've discovered some settings that would help me to see better through transparent fences and gratings (such as the grill around the Supply Depot gold & crane area), or would help me to see enemies better in far distance (like in maps like radar), please do share them.

So I'm not asking for any stupid rivatuner-like settings such as picmip/lodbias cheating that would make the textures blurry, but some settings that would improve my fps or overall game performance as described above. Thank you in advance.
Comments
no can do
Here is a post from kRone that will help you

-be sure you have enough space on your harddrives (i prefer over 15% / hardrive)... might cause lag.
-use spybot or/and ad-aware to clean spyware/malware from your pc... might cause lag.
-do not keep useless programs open while playing...might cause lag.
-do not use shit firewalls like zone-alarm... might cause lag.
-disable vsync and other stuff from graphic card settings and ETconfig.

Graphic card settings:

Turn off anti-aliasing.
Turn off vsync.
Turn off "Threaded optimization" is using a Nvidia Graphic card.

Possible problems in ET:

-update punkbuster (ET/pb/pbweb.exe)
-remove useless and incomplete stuff from etmain and etpro (soundpacks, useless maps, -useless skins, everything downloaded from random publicservers etc).
-do not keep demos in etpro/demos folder. find a better place for those if you dont wanna remove those.

Cfg based:

go onto an empty ETserver or watch SAME demo while testing + type in console /r_drawfps 2 to notice easier changes in FPS.

-save your latest config to make those settings not dissapear ( in console /writeconfig <name> ).
-restart your config ( inconsole /cvar_restart ).
-then in console /vid_restart
-open your config again ( in console /exec <name_you_set> ).

....If nothing special happened:

-try to lower your resolution ( r_mode <value> i prefer 4 or 6 to keep the quality playable). Just to test first.

Some graphic commands i recommend you to try to get (maybe) better results. (DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR CONFIG WITH MY OWN SETTINGS AT FIRST... JUST TEST. so make a different file for these and then exec in console like said before)

seta r_depthbits "24"
seta r_detailtextures "0"
seta r_dlightBacks "1"
seta r_drawfoliage "0"
seta r_drawSun "0"
seta r_dynamiclight "0"
seta r_fastsky "1"
seta r_finish "0"
seta r_flares "0"
seta r_gamma "3"
seta r_ignorehwgamma "1"
seta r_intensity "1.5"
seta r_lodbias "2"
seta r_lodscale "5"
seta r_mapOverBrightBits "3"
seta r_overBrightBits "1"
seta r_picmip "3"
seta r_showsky "0"
seta r_stencilbits "24"
seta r_subdivisions "20"
seta r_swapInterval "0"
seta r_textureMode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST"
seta r_wolffog "0"

+

seta r_mode 4 or 6
seta r_displayrefresh <highest possible with the current resolution (r_mode). also known as a refreshrate>

if nothing helped... lower your maxfps and stay at it ..like 76 or 71 etc (under it would make you braindead.

if nothing still happened to get better fps.
tomorrow. walk into a local pcstore with 2000€ and ask them to get you a REAL computer.

this is actually kinda endless list to write. hope some of these helps. i m ouf of time, but pm if you still have problems

cheers
I find 76fps easier to play than 125 O_o
Parent
depends truly on your monitor settings e.g r_displayrefresh aka the HZ of your screen (60/70/75 in LCD-screens, 85/100/120 in CRTs).
Parent
Well, I have 75 displayrefresh so yeah might be related to that.
Parent