need movie help

need some help on making fragmovies..

1) what resolution is best to record at? higher the better? then why do most people use r_mode 6 or 8?

2) what fps is best to record at?

3) what is best for final resolution?

4) should vsync be on or off

5) should AF be set to max aswell as AA ?

6) What is resampling and supersampling?

I have a nice cfg, and gfx set to max but i can't understand why my stuff isn't looking as good as others :(
Comments
1) the higher the better
2) the higher the better
3) er? depends on ratio hor:ver, use 4:3, 16:9, or 16:10. dont use some random ratio.
4) i'd say off (and fps cap at 50 for ct3d), but it doesnt really matter cuz fps drops a lot when you record
5) yes
6) resampling - to resize from captured res. to final res. (some ppl convert fps too, but i wouldnt, cuz it makes it harder or impossible to sync)

to make colors and the map look better all you need to do is play with r_gamma, r_intensity, r_mapoverbrightbits and have r_overbrightbits "1". particular commands can be found on this page: http://www.rtcw.jolt.co.uk/content/enemy_territory/cmdcvarlist/index.html
5) set AF to teh max and dont set AA so high,
when you resize the images from 1280x1024 to 800x600,
that will do the AA effect.
just bcuz u want to save time? id set as high aa as i can
Parent
1) best if you record at the double of the resolution you render in
2) the higher you take, the more is the motion blur, but for final movie take 25 or 30 fps
3) this is what you have to try! mind that the higher the resolution, the harder is it for the pc of the viewer to play it back.
5) once i have heard that higher AF doesnt give the best result. Imho turn both to its max
#BLUE-Sky .
2) When you want a 30fps movie, record at either 60, 90, 120, 150, 180 and so on...depending on how much hard drive space you got, the more the merrier.
When you want a 25fps movie, record at...you get the point ;)
5) Both AA/AF to the max, for sure.
2) I use 200 fps ingame and final fps 25.. THat should do the trick imo.
final fps and resolution shouldnt be very high, cuz it would be impossible to compress it

maybe you could ul a screenshot?