-Windows XP sp3?

-windows vist x64

-windows 7 x64

Which system is best for ET?

Will there be problems on x64?

Yours
Comments
nintendo
works fine on all of them dont think there are any major difference.
Computer ' bit ' wont effect your gameplay on enemy territory at all. Neither does the Operation system. On every single one, you just have to deal ET.exe differently and pbupdates, but that is pretty much it, but there is not major changes between them during playing ET.

Possibilities that might affect in "O/S" is that your lagging lot ingame, which means your PC isnt capable to run this O/S and ET. But I don't see any other way how O/S affect your gameplay.
Only yesterday, I wanted to win vista x64 et showed me the problem is still incorect et. version. sets up the compatibility mode and changed the path but it was still a problem. And if windows 7 x64 or x64 will give a better performance in the game if there is a difference?
Parent
no wall schot no magic schot
Parent
clearly, u've never experienced q3/et on linux.
Parent
explain pls!
is it worth the hassle?
Parent
switching to linux just because of et? hardly.
too much hassle for unexperienced users.
Parent
AND YOU NEVER EXPERIENCED ET/Q3A ON MAC OS X.

BAM JUNGE
Parent
i enjoyed the company of some mac users... oh boi!
Parent
ive done linux & ET . :)

but do you see linux on his list ? no , there is not option as it.
Parent
best m$ o/s for ET then
Parent
If you don't want to use XP then use windows 7, because vista is shit and full of bugs.
win7 ultimate x64
well but I will not have a fault on x64 system?
Parent
I use it, no u won't
Parent
Working fine for me, just have problems when playing with punkbuster on (lags for 2 minutes after every 4 seconds and then same shit after every 5 minutes).
Parent
Why are you still not banned, you have been using etBot and other bots for ages, got kicked from Cybe etc..
no wall schot no magic schot
Parent
Xp sp2
XP/Win7/Mac OSX - works everything for me.
windows XP ftw :D
millenium
XP is like 8-9 years old
Vista was a windows mistake
Windows 7 is kindda nice, if you have to stay in the windows world.

Since i hope you dont select your O/S only based on the game you play on it, i suggest win7 (again, if you have to do windows)
XP PRO PERFORMANCE
xp and win7 will do fine, don't go for vista
And I found an interesting upgrades Windows XP falsified what you think about XP?