Slac ; oO

6 reasons not to use SLAC

AND I stopped a year ago, and I stroll back on the various community forums, I discovered the existence of the famous SLAC.
Not knowing what it was, I inquired as I could.
My joy to finally see something move forward on this game I spent so many good times quickly dissipated by reading the various posts on this new anti-cheat.
I will try to understand my opinion on the software and the risks that the community can take in using it.
1. SLAC and its author, introduction
For the record, and especially for those who do not know, is developed by SLAC Chaplja (aka Chaplex). The young Croat was 17 years (according to his information on xfire.be, the site where he is also banned) is famous in the middle of gaming, but absolutely not for his fight against the cheat.
He is the author of several hacks of all types on several games such as COD4, COD MW2, Quake Live, Urban Terror and Enemy Territory.
You've probably already heard of cheats called "nexus", "ethnic" or "eth32" ... He was heavily involved in their development. Now that's a pillar of the world of hackers.
More recently, he began to code cheats private (and pay) for Etpro. These cheats were clearly intended to reach the competition: undetectable and simple. It was not a simple but multihack aimbot humanized or other "small" hacks that can help skillboost.
2. SLAC and its author, explanations
Chaplja had already tried in the middle of the anti-cheat with "and-ace", and a lot of rumors more or less justified had circulated.
Those that had most attracted my attention was: Chaplex reportedly sold hacks are undetectable by anti-cheat his own, thus ensuring a near-monopoly on the sale of software to cheat in the middle of the competition and Etpro general.
Surprisingly (or not), and development-ace was stopped shortly after two big tournaments or software was required: the 3v3 world cup and CN crossfire ...
3. SLAC and your privacy
We often talk about privacy issues in relation to traces on the net (eg http://www.anonymat.org/vostra...../index.php)
Here is what Chaplja About SLAC:
"I'll Make Some player tracking stuff, order it will not Be visible to the public.
Eg Hardware Guide That Will Be Used only for Helping searching with multiple accounts. "
and speaking of access Informations:
"Only me and the SL management. Of course I Have all the encrypted log files, so I can check if" any Adjustments Have Been Made to "any record in the database. SL will not Be Able to tamper with the database Without My KM. "
Basically, using SLAC Chaplja you allow to collect all information about your computer and use as it sees fit, without anyone else can know what it recovers.
4. SLAC and the problem of any third party software
We had already seen the damage a third party software published by unscrupulous people could do: cheat beyond the EtBot of Pansemuckl (NetCoders) was a real trojan ...
To see here for details: http://www.wolfarea.org/archiv.....ea/?p=2445
After seeing the previous Chaplja, it makes you always want to install on your computer SLAC?
Funny little gem you may have already seen: SLAC is detected in time trojan by most antivirus updated!
In addition, Chaplja ad itself that its software is fallible:
"When signing in you can use a" remember me "option, Which saves your username and password in a year. Ini file, Located in% APPDATA% SLAnticheat. Right now it's still in plain text
So as the final version is not, anyone with access to your computer can retrieve the username and password used for SLAC. And when you know how a Windows computer is accessible from the internet is not really top.
5. The effectiveness of SLAC
SLAC allows the arrival of new bots and private enrichment of their coders.
AdawolfA (aka Pale, author of PaleHook) already offers a bot SLAC-proof "for 19 €, and Pansemuckl is currently working on a new version of its popular hack.
At least the end of BP had signed the end coders Cheats: there is more anticheat so it does not use any more cheats to pay because everyone can use older public cheats ...
6. SLAC dictatorship
As mentioned above, using SLAC Chaplja you give all that is needed to gun down your PC or perform other malicious actions.
But beyond that, two whoppers appear:
- You allow a single individual to say who is busted and who does not. The principle of "silent-ban" ("Game Data is felt to server either 'Processed and cheating the players later" are banned, so you do not know What is and What Is Not Detected. ") Is not to banish individual on the spot. In other words, you play a game, cheat someone, and nobody knows except him. He is free to publish or not his name on the list then.
- Enemy Territory is a game that owes part of his success to his side and multi-Free pleteforme. Moreover, the source code has been placed under the GPL (GNU Open Source License). But with SLAC, which works only on Windows (for now), you prevent any player under Linux or Mac to participate in your games / ladders ...
Conclusion

Some of these problems had already mentioned summers vis-à-vis Punkbuster. But Punkbuster had proved its effectiveness by its notte updates on the long term (remember that despite the vulnerability of PB, this system has still held more than six years, and ban yet) and had been given credibility by its appearance Community and close to the players.
Now, you see if Chaplja SLAC and inspire confidence. Personally, I do not play anymore to ET is not really my problem. But I hope you have made me understand what outraged upon learning that had developed SLAC and how the software worked ...
Bonne continuation, and remember that ET is a game!
Comments
slac stole my moneybookers account with 200$ on it
slac stole my skill :O
slac stole my gf ... WTF !?!
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent
and this is why i don't use slac.
main news
to long not reading
[img|left]http://www.imgjoe.com/x/4chan1278001.jpg[/img]
I trust Chaplja with my bank and paypal account.

And most of your arguments are pretty bad, you should've done some more research.
old (has been posted as column alrdy) and full of wrong 'facts'.
hmm, I have lot of important accounts / rs premium etcc.... so I need to take care about it ?
yes, slac will steal your rs premium acc.
Parent
fusen & dynamite crew gna hack chaplija if he plays on us:/
QuoteAdawolfA (aka Pale, author of PaleHook) already offers a bot SLAC-proof "for 19"

Why are you posting when you know nothing xDD had a nice laugh tho

edit: nice google translator too :D
not this shit again pls.
and again a french, paranoid retard

Quote"etnic", "and-ace"

never heard of these things tbh

QuoteYou allow a single individual to say who is busted and who does not

if you have a problem with that then you should gtfo

Quotecheat beyond the EtBot of Pansemuckl (NetCoders) was a real trojan ...

who doesn't notice the 2nd exe which injects into explorer.exe is a retard :ppPPPppp

Quote6. SLAC dictatorship
As mentioned above, using SLAC Chaplja you give all that is needed to gun down your PC or perform other malicious actions.

gtfo democracy fag

in the end it's a cool story bro
slac stole my fps :/
slac on 30 -100 in 10 sec
slac off 125 stabil

wtf :(`)
It's well too long to read, and your spelling/grammar is terrible so it hurts to try and read it.
This post is a shit pickle wraped in a dead bufflo's diearea and then puked on.

WHY THANK YOU JAMES (A.K.A AVGN)

I agree fully with james
now GTFO of my internets :D
wow u just failed badly, all ure points are exactly the same for windows coders, but half the world population uses that without asking questions, now role over and die quietly
wow, whats your point?

noone will miss you, when you stop playing ET (because everyone only plays with slac)

You allow a single individual to say who is busted and who does not <-- same thing what killerboy currently does :D
learn english and how to use enter. thx.
Well why would clanbase make slac available on it, when it steals your rs account & knows your bankaccount & stuff...
How long we have to wait to show banlist by chaplja ?
sup adawolfa
was already posted and removed by an admin for spreading bullshit.

now go back to wolfarea.org while i'll print this and use it as toilet paper.
when will the first banlist appear? :p
Parent
thats why i cant find my car...
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
nice story bro, didn't read
i heard it doesn't work
SLAC MADE ME BRAKEUP WITH MY EX!
Well there has been made legal contracts so IF theres something keylogging related at Slac and it will go as Khapljas benefit, Speedlink will go for court with Khaplja and all funds will be restored. So why do you think Khaplja even could try to do something like that on the chance of prison and shithuge amount of fines?
What contracts, where? If you are talking about the contract that Chalpja (with a C mate) has with Speedlink then that contract has fuck all to do with the people that use SLAC.

There is no End User License Agreement, so you are simply shit out of luck if something happens that in any way damages you due to the use of SLAC.

I'm not saying he's putting a keylogger in or any other paranoid bullshit. I'm saying there are no legal bindings between the endusers and speedlink, and I think there should be "just in case shit goes wrong for whatever reason due to the use of SLAC".
Parent
i knew it
THERE ARENT ENOUGH SMILEYS TO DESCRIBE HOW HILARIOUS IS THIS THREAD
<3 entra al ts conguito marron
Parent
Hilarious