ET Being A Laggy Schlong

I get this really awful lag now, but it only happens on some servers. It isn't mod dependent, as it sometimes happens on ETPro as well. Some servers it doesn't happen though. The people on the servers where I have the lag have no lag from it. I'm on a university connection, but if some settings need to be changed in the network, I can request IT to fix it. Also, it isn't a wireless connection, it's wired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPYov0Kkng8

The video recording itself isn't lagged, it shows EXACTLY what I see on my screen when I'm on certain servers..
Comments
programs open?
Doesn't matter. If I close ET and join a different server, it runs smooth. If I leave and go back to that server, it lags out again.
Going off the video it definitely is your connection, maybe other Uni students are lagging you out from time to time.
Obviously the connection is the problem, that doesn't explain what it has to do with varying servers, or which aspect of the connection is the problem.

It's like taking a broken car to a buddy who knows about cars, and having him tell you that the problem is your car.
Parent
Why don't you try capping your FPS to something sensible (like 333 at most).
Capped at 76. I used fraps for recording, and that ran down my fps since I only have a 4670.
format C
only on some servers?or only at some hours?could be a inet provider problem.u could check ping on a couple of servers with hlsw and if its on all the same its a inet provider problem