gun sounds

hey im just wondering how to make my gunsounds on et deeper like my friend did it wen he played et but idk how to do it like the gunsounds are like tikatikatika i want it to sound deep like boomboomboom any suggestions?
Comments
atikatikatik ayayay
s_mixprestep 0.02
s_mixahead 0.07

Note you'll lose your nade-priming sounds in the process =[

If you change prestep to 0.01 they sound really wierd and muffled <3
subwoofer ftw
Or download perfo's config and use his sound commands like I did! Does suck with on-board sound though. Might need to raise the mixprestep and mixahead a lil bit, and yes you lose the nade ticks.
Did you get lots of stuttering with perfos sound settings? I tried them before, and I found that it was mixahead being too low that was the problem, on my SB Live 5.1 =] You don't wanna raise mixprestep if you want the booming gunsounds, as thats the variable that affects that, I don't know what audible effect mixahead actually has, but when it's too low, it stutters, when it's really low, the sound gets stuck, and when it's too high the sound mutes.
Parent
perfo still has the nade clicks, i think you must have a non on-board sound card for that
Parent
Perfo's sound is onboard (according to his profile). Maybe I can't hear them cause my mixahead is too high.. I'll have to experiment and see if I can get them back. One other person I know who tried perfo's sound settings lost their nadeclicks too though, without changing any of them. Wierd :[
Parent
decem used mine as well and lost his nadeclicks, you need to raise them a lil like this

s_mixprestep 0.03
s_mixahead 0.08

should be fine. else raise them with 0.01
Parent
Nade clicks are back with those settings here <3
Parent
It depends on your sound-system and driver settings. Play around with the equalizer.
Is there a cmd to get the sound of your gun lower then the random sounds in ET?
AHAHHA U SAID tikatikatika AHAHHAHAH!