SLAC CoD4

QuoteCall of Duty: Modern Warfare will be the first game to be supported out of all the planned games to be supported soon (CS:S, CoD, CoD2 left to be supported).

Before CoD4 is officially supported, it needs to be tested. Anyone willing to help please join #slac.test on QuakeNet.

This post and the channel topic will be updated as soon as test installation is ready.

If you are a CoD4 player or admin, please tell about this to your players and friends.

http://sl-anticheat.com/topic.php?id=16
Comments
bankrobber
well, there goes CoD4.......
what do you mean?
Parent
CoD4 is too big for slac. There is no point. Because im sure you are not making all of cod4 slac.
so you must just mean for this community.

Thus, there is no point man..
Parent
why is it too big? and what do you mean with "Because im sure you are not making all of cod4 slac."?
Parent
are you making ALL of CoD4 slac?
have you talked with the creators of the game and so forth?

It will be pointless. there is enough bs with slac for et atm. fix all the bugs first, then venture into a different game.
Parent
i'm making it for the cod4 competitive scene, dunno what exactly you mean

bugs such as?

why would i have to talk to game creators? this is a 3rd party anticheat, like many other made for most of multiplayer games played competitively
Parent
CoD4 PB or vac or w/e the fuck it's on now.

is better then slac.
just give up already.

go and get a job.
Parent
epic madboi on hard rage mode? :D
Parent
yull be mad once the United States of America Americans fuck you Germany nazi's up the ass again.
Parent
Where and when is that daydream of your sick little mind supposed to happen lol? :D:D
Parent
Idk, when is Germany gonna have another faggot leader?
Parent
now you're crossing the line.
Parent
not all americans are like him
Parent
hes not american... hold shit..
Parent
:DDDDDDDDDDDD
Parent
stfu already, atleast hes doing something valuable for this community
Parent
u wanna take over cod too olololo
and counterstrike!
Parent
gonna tell all my friends at school
great job for the CoD players :)
You should post on tek-9 as well if this hasn't been done yet. ;) and a linux client btw
19:05 <@khaplja> slac will not be closed, but unless i start getting some revenue for my work (either from donations or ads on the site), i will have to invest most of my time into development of some other things
19:05 <@khaplja> that's why support for _any_ other game is above ET linux client
Parent
you go by "khaplja" on irc? lmfao
you sold opiate a "slac hack" so, your still doing it eh... scammer.
Parent
you fell for that, too? are you one of those who wanted to buy an imaginary hack from him?
Parent
no, he came running to me and said i got a slac hack, lol and i remember the guys name.
it was an inject hack. but i just laughed. lawl.
Parent
Goddamn, I believe I've reached my daily portion of retardness of today -.-'
Parent
ino, same here. :DDDDDDDDDDDD
Parent
Tbh I was talking about your replies
Parent
only mad because you didnt get one!!!!
Parent
it was a trollfest by opiate after he got busted and it's incredible how many people fell for it
Parent
not really fell for it. kinda laughed at him after he got busted.
Parent
you're a fucking retard TAZYAA aka XOBI aka WIZYQ
Parent
you need a life little boy.
Parent
looks like im going back to cod4. sick game :)
good luck master
looks like iam going to quit cod4 soon...
Keep up the good work :)
Good Luck Chaplja!
Keep it up!:D
What will happen with UAC3?
Linux client
In development, not yet released.
check my reply above
Parent
Do you even doing something with it? I mean someone is working on it? How long Linux users need to wait for it? Next 6 months ?
Parent
No, currently I'm not developing it due to mentioned reasons.
Parent
what are the mentioned reasons?
Parent
I've been supporting ET in SLAC for a long time eventhough I could have just closed the project, but I don't want to do it because I believe SLAC can become big. However, I won't keep doing this for free like I did for more than 6 months already. When you recieve donations from people who hope to get the games they play supported by SLAC, but not from people who's game is already supported, you have no other choice but to realize that other games will help both SLAC and me in further development much more if I invest time into supporting thousands of CoD4 players instead of 50 linux players.
Parent
i dont think that was rlly nice to do, i mean at the very beggining a linux client was told to be done to the commnunity, i was an ubuntu player and i really liked it cuz of the stedy fps, when slac came out i installed win7 (while i wait the linux slac client), after months that hope was lost and i just got to stay with windows, i am already used to it, but i still see some people posting in slac forums asking about it and all the answers say "chaplja is developing it, be patient", etc ..., and well now i just found out there will be no linux client, on a random reply ? :

19:05 <@khaplja> slac will not be closed, but unless i start getting some revenue for my work (either from donations or ads on the site), i will have to invest most of my time into development of some other things
19:05 <@khaplja> that's why support for _any_ other game is above ET linux client

dont get me wrong, tbh i dont care about the linux client version anymore, i will just keep playing in windows, BUT i think you should at least post this or make a forum sticky/reply/announcement with this information, because even ur forum mods reply saying ur developing this linux version which u are not, so just go tell those 4 ppl still interested in linux client that there will be no such ., i guess that would be the correct thing to do,
keep the good work with et tho.
cu.
Parent
That was the plan, some stuff was made, but after recent happenings that were beyond my control, in order to finish it and make it what it needs to be, I need to invest much more time than I can now.

EDIT: read the above reply.
Parent
yes but.
you started it. then you should finish it.
You're stating that you want to save et and all this shit, but yet you been lying about the linux client version for the past 6-8 months telling everyone it is on it's way.

there were more then 50 linux playes, but since you lied and didn't release a linux version, ESL/CB/Cups don't allow linux players because there is no slac.

so everyone switched to windows.
windows is shit for et. linux is stable and smoother.

So instead of telling ppl it is "coming soon"
do what torm said and tell the truth about it.

Parent
You make everything look so simple when it's not. Trust me, I've done much more than I initially committed myself to do. SL paid me in start, I was developing it for them, not for the community. At least that's how it started. For a long time I thought they'd pay for what they owe me, only recently it became apparent they won't. So, they stopped paying and there are not many choices. Perhaps in your eyes there are, but for me there are only two: either quit the project or start doing things that will bring some revenue while they cover all the costs of the servers... or the project dies and there is no more SLAC, simple as that - I'm not gonna do all this for free. Obviously, linux client is not something that will currently make me continue the project.
Parent
you can "sue" them... if you had a contract.
Parent
yes, i understand your reasons,it all seems correct to me, i am just saying you should inform those few linux players who are still asking in slac forums about it, that it wont happen . :D

edit: whatever tazya says do not relate it to what i am saying ,
he is some weird person.
Parent
If that makes a difference, I've updated the downloads page.
Parent
great, thanks man.
and good luck with other games.
Parent
chaplja = god
IMO there is no reason to exist SLAC for CoD4, PB is good enough in CoD and trust me, doesn't lag like in ET.

I'm waiting for CSS client. This game really needs it, cause you can find cheaters everywhere, on every single server.
It felt so good to know that I had a great company to call. They help a lot, thank you mold testing el paso tx