CompET instead of ETPro?

Quote by N!trox(...)
So, some may be wondering "What is CompET ?".

CompET is a Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Modification, mainly "competition" oriented.

My goal with this projet is to provide so said "Pro" players an up to date mod with some new features, bugfixes, security improvements, optimizations, etc...

Since a lot of players think ETPro is the only "comp" mod and have been playing it for years, I'm trying to make CompET compatible with your ETPro configs and add most of ETPro features in it.
(...)

Quelle: http://www.etmods.net/compet/viewtopic.php?id=1

What do you think about that? Will this mod really replace ETPro in leagues?
Comments
I think no

QuoteXPSave system

This will bring the competition scene back to life !!!
the correct quote is :

QuoteXPSave system (optional, can be useful on public servers)

as u can see this is reffering onlly to pub servers ,and is how?optional.
Parent
QuoteLUA Support already there
Compatible with ETPro Mapscripts already there
Compatible with CamTrace3D (freecam and freecamsetpos) already there
GeoIP (if enabled, Country Flags can be displayed in the scoreboard) ok
Shoutcaster already there
ETPro style config support (.cfg instead of .config) already there
Minimal admin system (if the mod is used on a public server, managing bans, mutes, and giving users privileges can be useful) wasn't this a mod for competition?
XPSave system (optional, can be useful on public servers)wasn't this a mod for competition?
ETPro style Hitboxes (I'm not saying we are using ETPro hitboxes, i've coded hitboxes to match ETPro ones as much as possible!) why play with one that almost matches the original if you can just play with the original
MAC Address detection (used for bans) SLAC
forcecvar and sv_cvar already there
ETPro realhead (fixed prone head hitbox) already there
/callvote cointoss already there
/callvote config already there
To be honest you can't say the etpro hitboxes are "even better" while you haven't seen the one from the upcoming mod !

e: nice edit
Parent
changed it!
Parent
ETPro realhead (fixed prone head hitbox) already there ?

the headhitboxes are still fucked up, at proning, at crouching, at running :DDD
Parent
he means b_realhead I assume
Parent
Parent
no, theyr not fuckedup at proning nor while runing or crouching LOL
Parent
LUA support is bad in etpro, it is anything but finished and you can hardly do as much with it as you should usually be able to do with LUA

config system in etpro is also totally outdated. everyone who wants can create a "certified" config with any content nowadays
Parent
i would say no
is there any company giving support?
Why should we refuse etpro and begin use another competition modification? Etpro is already a working mod with SLAC even thought etpro will be not updated anymore(?). How your mod would be different than etpro?
This is going to the a great modification for all of us!!!!.
This is going to the a great modification for all of us!!!!.
Parent
ET need some new modifications and i think this will be great.
If SLAC can be used on this mod.
sounds crap
There is even a test server with Omni-bot running:
http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=serverinfo&idx=1916
nice fanboy nick steal server:
Playmate 0.85 74 0 ALLIES

also wtf bots on a comp mod?!
Parent
That's the future bro
Parent
dunno how to react on this one
if the mod is serious i think we should move to this one. Bani stopped giving support since 2007/8, there still alot of work to be done..everyone could contribute to this one!
Bani doesn't give a fuck about etpro since 2006. Not 2007/8.
Parent
i was trying to be somehow optimistic because i though the last update came somewhere at the start of 2007, thats why i wrote 2007 / 2008 to make it sound better xD but yeah tge truth is "Current ET Pro Release : Version 3.2.6 Sep 18 2006"

i dont even understand why we keep playing this...
Parent
No other options
Parent
2006 is correct.
Parent
if upgrades are on, that should be very nice :)
yes we need update !
could be fookin nice!!!
Hopefully the annoying bugs are fixed like rifle nade bugs (like having 0/3) and nade bugs while dieing (throw nade, die, getting revived, what's that: another nade!).
I would say yes-obviously we can't say this mod is bad, the community hasn't even tried it yet, we need to see some playable beta and have a couple of competitions on it with some experienced players, that would make things clearer.

I think that etpro is still quite buggy, was playing on slac room a few days ago, got blasted by an airstrike while capturing flag, was pretty much deep inside and got killed. everyone were as amused as i was. so yes, we need some updates =)
Unless u can make it exactly like etpro with just bug/glitch fixes, it won't be accepted by the competitive community.
With Omni-bot support :D
Parent
would be nice since etpro hasn't been updated for ages
1. make more servers available to play the mod on
2. make source code available (unlike etpro)
3. maybe get extra people to help etc..

i guess after my final exams i might be able to help
Quote2. make source code available (unlike etpro)

Yeah, it's just impossible, mate (as I know N!trox).
Parent
useless then. we know the same story from bani...
Parent
decent troll 4/5
lol sounds like upcoming fail to me.
dont waste ur time tbh.
gl!
BRB GONNA LAUGH
Parent
are u back?
is eitileda back??
Parent
Made me quit after a triple kill, got ear cancer now
thanks for posting this dragon my friend.might be good news ,who knows :D?
if it's serious and working fine then yea, why not use it
give ip to test and lets roll
Should be given some tests, if there are rly any improvements, sure..Can't see that from this list tho'
thing to remove :

-when you kill medic (for example) and gib him, it gives you the weapon and 1 medic pack. We don't need medic pack !

IP to test : 91.121.85.229:27961
Quote-when you kill medic (for example) and gib him, it gives you the weapon and 1 medic pack. We don't need medic pack !

e: oh i got it
Parent
can i respawn with a FULLl stamina bar in this mod?
gaymod in competitions sounds better
*plz remove these ugly triple and double kill sounds,they are very bad
*try to improve the hitboxes a bit
*remove the health and ammopack thing when player gets gibbed
*respawn with full stamina bar

remove all those jaymod stuff :D
Stamina is also full on etpro, but nvm..

*wtf at gibbox? u need to be left or right from the body!?
Parent
doesnt matter what side,if u gib the body,then medpack/ammopack pops out of the body.
but try to keep the mod similar to etpro,just fix the bugs n stuff like that. imo
Parent
Nono, I was just critisizing that you can't gib the body from all sides, but just left and right..:)
Parent
sounds good - good luck with it :)

would be good to get some input from experienced players on what is good for a competition mod - I notice a couple of public features may be sneaking in which will generally make your whole project become rejected by the skilled etpro scene :)
i think the test server is the server he made for his clan, thats y jaymod/etpub like things on it? the original CompET might b diff (i hope)?

but rly hitboxes r fcked up
Good luck. ETPro has it's bugs, but it's still a good mod; it'll take some work to swing the community round to it. I'd suggest that if you do want it as a competition mod, then you should focus on the comp features, as opposed to the public ones.
I'd like a lean system as like ET:QW. You know, you see the guy leaning and you can shoot his body/head and he can shoot too.

(ET:QW was so good... Miss it...)
there is a animation inside et files for this.. .shouldn't be hard for him to code!
Parent
I guess he will need to create character to get the position or something like that...
Parent
I played on this test server and came to conclusion that this is just edited nitmod. Tbh, I didn't feel real difference between nitmod and this CompET mod.
Alright, looks like some of you didn't read the latest forums posts...

As always, my projects are criticized so once again I gotta explain.

Omnibot support : I didn't want my test servers to be empty (not interesting for people who wanna test, right?), and because my clan server needed bots. Public releases can easily be built without OB support, no big deal.

Multikills, spree, packs dropped when body is gibbed: This is a feature I added into "+" builds, special builds made for my clan server ONLY.

XPSave: Optional because if some server admins decide to use this mod on a public server, they might need an XPSave system.

Someone said its just edited N!tmod... No it isn't. I simply added some N!tmod features into CompET. I'm working on 2 mods so I don't see what's wrong in using some N!tmod code into CompET, especially when most of these features are for builds that won't be available for public download.

Starting a new "comp" mod ain't easy, I'm alone working on this project, and i don't have a lot of free time lately.

When i'm done with a "stable" CompET version, I would like to organize a sort of big "test day". Anyone interested for testing, add me on xfire (joyce975) or check CompET forums regularly.