Potential Map Idea

Yo guys

Bit of a long run here, but its worth a go, since everything helps!

A map I remember from years ago on public, I came across it and was like hell ye, this would be awesome. Its not a big map, its similar sized to supply, maybe smaller. It has a flag where both axis and allies can spawn, and be recaptured at any point of the game. Has 2 walls which can be blown, and a ladder which can be built. A allied and axis command post, and the main objective, a documents run! Some of you guys might know the map already, but for those who dont its v2_base.

Personally i think it would be a decent map competitively because it has several objectives for the outcome of the game, its not a massive map where time can be lost, and its simply awesome :D

image: 116v2base1

Only have the 1 picture from google, if someone can add it too a server, i can take several of the map and its objectives.

If you have played it before, any opinions are welcome, could even be edited a bit to make it more suitable/better!

Thanks yo.

E: Anyone able to add it to a server?
Comments
a long run :D long shot ?
Ye a long run :D u spanner, many phrases i could use!
Parent
GO ED LAD :DDDDDDDDDDDDD
Parent
what movie is that from:D?
Parent
:DDDDDDDDDDDDD
Parent
Hi folks,

I think I still have all the source files somewhere for my maps.

/SteelRat
Parent
Forgot how fun it was playin this map @ homosexmod :')
Ye it was such an enjoyable map!
Parent
old times :) but this map has some bugs, like you can run on these mountains, or was it only possible to do with doublejump.. idk :p
i know you can jump from the allies spawn straight through to the objective
Parent
Quotecould even be edited a bit to make it more suitable/better!

you'd need
1) source file
2) permission
3) mapper

Don't see any of that come along to be honest. It can be a pain in the ass to contact long gone members :D I see the biggest problem in 3)
how about checking the map out on a public and rebuilding it from scratch? to much work? i have no clue about mapping, but that sounds like a possibilty, right?
Parent
there are ways to simply decompile the map and use that as a base but that is nothing I will support

rebuilding from scratch ofcourse is possible at any time, but who would do that? If I had the motivation to map a whole map in radiant I surely would want it to be my own idea :p
Parent
is it possible just to add 1 door to this map?
Parent
depends, the powers of etpro mapscripts are very limited
Parent
image: cpEcU

the wall is a destructable
any ideas that would make it easier for the axis to get out of the base?
Parent
nope these need mapchanges, big work
Parent
thought so, a ramp like battery has?

bummer :<
Parent
And what is going to happen if you wasn't to get permission. It's not like he owns any copyright to the map or materials used. People cheat in this game which is actually against the rules, I don't see shit being done.

The map isn't to make profit, unlike cheat makers. Stop being stuck up, I wouldn't mind people stealing my work to make something better for the community.

Would you mind if I applied different textures to your map for a winter version without asking, eventhough I made no profit and it's being played in alot of severs?
Parent
He has copyrights even though it's not stated anywhere. Does everyone respect that and how do you police it's not violated is another story.
Parent
if you make a pk3 with custom textures for a map of mine I dont care. If you release a map of mine with edits of yours without asking for permission we have a problem. I have released all my source files for a reason with a license and readme attached. If you dont want to follow policys because its the web its your choice, but I will not take another mappers work without permission and release it as my own.
Parent
can i convert deli to rtcw? was thinking about doing it since you released the source :)
Parent
I dont mind as long as you credit all the people you have to and follow the license included
Parent
alright. I will. Thx. btw i dno if i'll convert it. Just thinking about it :)

if i will, ill contact you when i will release it
Parent
IIRC, you created delivery?
Parent
reworked tournament edition, but was given the source
Parent
did you take a look at crevasse already? Was a nice map, untill a team found a mistake in the map. (I can show you)

PS: don't know if I should be saying this to you, but was just an idea :)
Parent
i played it back then. it was a fun map but never really worked out too well. Dersaidin released all his soruce files too so if any mapper would like to update it he might be free to do so under the given license
Parent
oh remember that one from public :)
its a pretty coool map =)
I'm saying to get the map to competition for more than 3 years, noone listened, now you make some stupid post and get insta-stickied, WTF!

but also late attention is a good thing
Well i spoke to Homer about it last year, but he didnt have time i guess, and nor did i! Hopefully we can get it to into competition because it really would be a great map for 6on6, even 3on3 for that matter. So many different ways to attack and defend it, would make it interesting.
Parent
worth to try. was fun playing it in pub
I played that map yesterday on -=GER=- No limits, brought memories back of my 2.55 times years ago (2 weeks h3h3). I'd really like to see this map being played competively, just needs some bug removings and some minor changes mostly in first stage at that fence..
THIS IS THE WORST COMPETITIVE MAP THAT I HAVE EVER PLAYED.

UnterElite 2004.
+1, I vaguely remember playing this like once, and in that exact same screenshot is where I remember... wasn't very good on public either tbh, arty arty arty.
Parent
Tested and deemed shit.

Next?
Tried it by my own, don't think it's worth a try.
trololol jaymod how low does et have to go
that outerstage is huge
Supply with a mix of Grush :-)
This map is amazing, though, they should disable the slide jump at first allies spawn
Theres a _te version out there aswell apparently http://et.trackbase.net/index.php?mod=mapinfo&midx=41
One of the worst map ever tbh lol
v2 base? omfg best map ever

from public, could be nice or annoying in match ( doing tj from Allies first spawn to go ninja to steal docs :/ then getting cp to spawn there and secure )

ps: potential cf idea: stop over 9000 sticky
True but not too much of an issue there as spread increases so dramatically upon jumping so as long as the positioning is right, they should never get through. Plus mines can stop or at least alert such a ploy.
Parent
you cant be checking all the time here, annoying shit

its like if axis @ last def on supply are checking east tower / east rock tj all the time :c
Parent
I don't know if its as much fun on etpro as it is on jaymod. You should host a cup or something to give it a try.
un-sticky this shit please :\

Bad map even public let alone 6on6. Venice would be a better shout then this shit!
Venice is awesome!
Parent
could sticky the general idea of "old-maps" that could be changed to competitionlevel...
Parent
Haha I used to love that map
awesome map, idd
tbh still cant beat mp_depot. objective for each team it was just to awsome. Allies blew the AA gun if I remember and axis the radio station. flag in the middle it was just epic.
doubt there are alot of ppl that know this map :)
good old rtcw :D
Parent
That and beach was the best beach got remade for comp depot didnt like WTF...
Parent
I'm sure there's an ET version available. Homie1337 convnerts the maps to RTCW > ET visaversa ...

Supply is now on RTCW :D. But yes, it was an awesome maps, same as sub
Parent
Yeah sub is awsome.
Parent
only converted FROM et TO rtcw, never have i made a map for ET ;)
Parent
Village ice ufo base beach they are all available at ET my clan even have all those on the server ;)
Parent
horrible horrible map, also don't ever compare a map to supply if you're planning to sell it as a "good" map.
this

you are increasing my hope in humanity
Parent
If you want to play this map in competitions you need it modified a bit. There are only 2 ways to go to the obj, 1 small door and 1 "vent"-like side entrence => uber camp . Also when getting out of the base in order to get to the transmiter there is only one way.
But you are right, there are many maps whit a potential to be played in competitions.
2 Ways, 1 is a trickjump ;)
Parent
How about playing some rtcw 6o6 maps! Village sub or ufo ?
Harder without the ultimate overpowered splash damage, but worth a try I'd say!
Parent
A smart rifle can almost do as much dammage as a panzer from rtcw!
Parent
everyone has nades in RTCW too though!
Parent
more nades thrown in et though to be fair, due to /kill tactico :)
Parent
village!??!? PLEASE NO!!
its bad enough on rtcw :D
Parent
i played this map everytime on 2.55 :DDDDD
Sometimes fun on pub (so are others as well), looks not so nice tbh and is nothing for comp play, imo!
idd, great on jaymod pubs with double jump!

What up?
Parent
Playing on hirntot and HBC from time to time :)
Parent
no ET here.. Just checking in! ;)
Parent
remember playing this on tontos place :D
Parent
Yes! use to be a gooooood time!
Parent
Bring back Wolken to 3on3!
These are my ideas of changes that should be made to make the map better for wars

image: 7Di8b
image: cpEcU

image: F0mjF
Remove these doors(leave the 3rd for a better easier defence)

image: JMqCS

I sent some messages to the creator of v2_base via facebook and linkedin about the source.
Lets hope he responds positive.

also, for those who want to test this map together without having a server

http://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=978 and click on Test this map on our server
Good work :)
Parent
Nice work man. Good luck.
Parent
There already is a TE version of the map.

image: shot0000u
Parent
this is relevant to my interests

also, double inbox counter post
Parent
I propose a show match on the current!
DO IT!

draakjes is probably avi for a 3on3 tomorrow
Parent
golden dunk
TEST MAP:

88.198.32.79:28000
there are over 20 maps in et that should be played instead of some of the official maps that are being played today. The only problem is, it seems like the community dosen't like to play new maps..
YES! PIRATES ERDENBERG, THAT ONE MAP WITH THE TRUCK THAT GOES TO A BIG DOOR WITH A SMALL DOOR ON TOP WITH BEHIND IT A CP

AND MORE
Parent
caen,castleattack,sw_battery,sw_fueldump,pirates,haemmere,crevasse,reactor,secret weapon,sub,warbell,cathedral,snatch,village,frostcomp,venice,wolken
Parent
fo with battery, fueldump, warbell, cathedral, village, snatch, frostcom and wolken!!!! :D
Parent
Y U NO TYPE IN CAPS AGAIN?!
Parent
+1 for reactor in 6on6 and crevasse in 3on3

Also can add te_escape in 3on3 aswell, this map has been played like 2 years ago in some cups
Parent
ye te_escape and ufo for 3v3
Parent
Stalingrad!!
neutral but I have to say no.

I'm not very good at map judging but getting spawn camped by allies in that underground bunker is hell.
how about digging sos_secret_weapon again
while this yearly and pointless discussion is going on anyways
Another map I'd like to try in competition is Vengeance_final. But I think a few modifications are needed for it.
Play Goldrush London!
Subway in comp would be sick :~D
not shit like sp-delivery anymore pelase
i think there are a lot of good maps around but everyone will still keep playing supply/delivery no matter what you put in the maplist. someone could organize a small cup testing out new maps only (and hope that it gets enough sign-ups)

e.g. heart of gold (nice small map for 2o2/3o3), townsquare_final (3on3, 6on6 might get way spammy), navarone, rhine bridge, village, tramfight (a pub map but i think might do well in 6on6), nachteinbruch, base12, password2
dubrovnik is a hell of a good map, reactor aswell :)

we need to play more tc_base aswell :)
These faggots won't play new maps because they know they suck when they don't have their camp positions and knowing where the enemy is coming from.
fueldump? :$
i remember the old days frostbite, oasis, railgun! battery some really good maps that just need a little work put into them someone with the inteligance to do it should try :>
I want to see a map with features, textures and layout similar to the City/Town in 300.

image: 300_kick

oh and a big hole to push people into.
big hole = missile :p
Parent