ET server + TS3 for free

Hello guys,

I am giving free et servers away in combination with TS3

What you will get:
- 16 slots ET private server ( 2 reserved for ETTV )
- Hosted in NL
- ref and rcon
- configs for comp + baserace
- comp maps + baserace + trickjump
- ETTV support
- TZAC
- noquery
- Web download for maps
- You can use the server for baserace sometimes ( raising server limit )

And:
- Teamspeak 3 private server/channel
- 30 slots
- admin/chanadmin

Requirements:
- Stable team for at least 3 months
- Skill: low- to high+ stability is the most important
- Active in competition ( show links gtv,esl,cb )
- idle #hyperion-gaming with your team

Interested?
Send me pm here on crossfire, and i will reply to the lucky teams ( else not ). DON'T PM ME ON IRC
Comments
own home server @100/100 ?
Yep, and the speed is going to increase in the future.
Connected to the core network of my ISP that is 800m away from here.
Running VMWare ESXi 5.0 with Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise/Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS

Hardware: i3 2100, H67 mobo, 16GB mem, about 6TB of disks, Intel gigabit dual nic and APC UPS
Network: Cisco SG 200-08 switch with trunk for the dual gigabit nic and Asus RT-N66U router.
Parent
looks nice for a home esx setup, but i would go for only linux based system ( ram/cpu usage/ hdd less used)

esx -> 4x ubuntu 12.04 minimal server (for each server setup own os, is also easer to support)

as HDD for the ESX and your virtuall machines i would go for only one SSD
raid with normal hdds for your *.mkv ftp?

wher do you save the esx snapshot? i use a random usb hdd or better, sync it with a backup machine
saw many home server systems, wher the ppl did save the backups on the main server xD fail

but yeah, looks very nice

google for raspberry pi :) its kinda nice
i run on own PI vB ts3, bncs, www, and vpn @arch minimal
Parent
I work a lot with 2008 R2 x64 and i have connected my data disks from my previous windows installation to it using RDM. But the in the future i am going to use ZFS in combination with linux if the support for ZFS will be better under linux else freenas? And one server with each one goal is the way too go. Currently the Windows 2008 R2 does about anything, and the Ubuntu 12.04 is doing all the gameservers. But that is going to change in the future.

Current OS disk just 320GB Samsung F4 and being backed up to other machine and also to online backup cloud ( crashplan ).

But yes SSD i will prolly going to use that for OS in the future too, it would be nice if EXSi is going to support trim. But perhaps i am going to get a new ssd for my desktop and my X25-M G2 can be used as OS disk since that one has pretty good garbage collection.

And yes rasperry pi is nice, ive looked into it but i don't really need it. I am thinking about upgrading to Ivy Bridge if the the other i5 versions are coming out so i can also use vt-d.
Parent
sounds good

about zfs... i dont know how the linux perfomance looks, but you can try btrfs
freenas is very nice, but linux with new kernels 3.2+ is anyway mostly faster than bsd systems (url) [www.phoronix.com]

didnt know that esx dont support trim, :(

but do you need trim for a server system?
your hdd usage will be anyway very low (20gb from 128)? as far you dont write your hdd full, you dont need trim (as far i know)

yeah i5 and vt, but the other question is, it is worth, isnt it cheaper to get a root from random hoster

100mbits connection, power usage, hardware cost
Parent
It's not much and i think the i5 ivy bridge that i have in mind will have same power usage as my i3 2100 now. In terms of nerding it's also more fun to have all this at home.

It's true you don't need TRIM that much if you under partition your SSD about 10%. But since my X25M-G2 for example is already being used fully that doesn't work anymore. Another option is just go for SLC instead of MLC SSD's but those are much more expensive and enterprise.

And btrfs looks intresting, will keep that in mind for the future looks pretty experimental still.
Parent
Very nice offer for a team! Good job :)
Europe#follow.et approves these servers. A way more stable than YCN.
TEAM USA FRANCIS?
Parent
not anymore tzac cant handle my awesomeness
Parent
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Parent
I can offer more then you can offer!

I CAN OFFER A TEAM SEX!
Could I get a private 10slots TS server?