FPS Drop@ Dell Vostro I7

Hello guys!

After a long time I installed ET again. I m a bit suprised, cos my fps are laggin betwen 90-40fps...
I remember 6-7 years ago, I had much slower PC and I was able to get constant 125fps.

My laptop is i7 quad core 2.2ghz, 8gb ram, nividia gt525m 1gb ram.

I changed cfgs, nvidia settinngs, resolution. I have clean W7 system. I get with this laptop about 22k in 3dmark 03, constant 40fps in Battlefield 3, but cant get any constant fps in ET. Dunno what to do more.

Do you have any ideas, maybe some of you are using this or very same laptop?

Cheers!

UPDATE- It is possible to get constant 125fps! :) But I dont know how.. LoL
Dont know what happend, but after making some stress tests and benchmarks after small overclocking nividia card, I reset all the overclock settings and start ET. I was surprised when I saw 125fps, cos I really didnt changed nothing more then before I started this thread. 4 hours owning with 125fps, sometimes fps drops to 90 but not less. It was really BIG pleasure to play. I make small break, eat, shower and come back, and again is the same shit. Fps are lagging 90-35. I really dont know what caused better performance. Again I start from scratch...
Comments
I think your laptop is too good for ET.

Are you running it with or without tzac?
without Tzac. I just installed ET after about 3-4 years break and I m sad now cos I want again hear this lovely headshot sound :\
Check Threaded Optimization in the nVidia settings. It must be turned off.
If it's already turned off, check your CPU settings. Put the maximum speed to 99% instead of 100%. This will prevent the CPU from going into TurboBoost which might cause overheating.

At least those 2 settings helped me getting stable fps with an i5 and GT540m
where is this CPU option?
Parent
prolly in nvidia panel, if it is the same as with gaming gfx card (i mean ATI)
Parent
At advanced energy settings. It's somewhere in the planel where you can chose what happens when you close your display, how long it takes to go into hibernation mode etc. You can manage several different energy profiles, so you could fiddle around with different settings and see what works for you.
Parent
oh, how can i find the cpu option?
Parent
Thanks, Threaded Optimization was already off. About that cpu speed, do you mean changing it in Power settings? I could not find any other options to change cpu settings in W7.
Set ET affinity to core 3 .
2.2ghz might not be enough if it is run by same core as OS.and other stuff .
Btw: ET performances dépend almost only of cpu .
I M sure that this i7 2,2 procesor Should be enough to get 125 constant fps. Dont know what is the problem.
Parent
No, with 2.2Ghz no. You need atleast a 3Ghz processor as minimum for 125fps stable.
Parent
I cant agree with you, cos you cant compare i7 proccesor to old 1 core 2.2ghz and I remember I had 7 years ago 1.8ghz old amd processor and I get constant 90fps so why I cant get on this even 42 stable fps. All the time lagging.
Parent
As I said , try to set ET to use core 3 . Whole 2.2 GHz should be enough . Sharing 2.2 on 1st core with OS and other stuff is not.
Parent
how to do it???

i mean is there a soft to do it auto, without having to ctrl alt delete et process...
Parent
Even 1.5Ghz will get you 125FPS with that Processor.
C'mon its a i7.
Don't listen to most idiots here.
Check how much processors you got running, I had the same with my 4core.

I had a virus ;<
Parent
Exactly my reaction :D
Parent
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz
i7 quad core 2.2ghz

i fucking 7
Parent
ET use only one core so its like a fucking shit pentium 3.
Parent
ur kidding right
Parent
hes right actually , and since OS and other programs use alot more ressources than before , it is even worst . Like I said , you must set ET affinity to core 3.
ET wasn't made for multiple cores.
Parent
Its a i7, its a 4core or more core's
People are saying that he can't get stable fps with it What a dumb asses XDDDDDDDD
Parent
Hows ur laptop temp doing?

sounds to me like u have a litle bit of an overheating problem (hello laptop)
LAWL WHATS FPS LAG :D
When you are ingame open your TASK MANAGER (Ctrl+Alt+del)
Right click on the process ET.exe and click on define the affinity , then un check core 0 and check the core 3 then press ok and return back to ET . Works For me but have to do it after every new round (only way i think)
laptops aint made for gaming
could try to switch affinity because system and other procs most of the time uses 00 and 01.
laptops are nowadays !

in near future, smaller gaming laptop will come :]
Parent
That they have the specs for it doesnt mean they are meant for it. Desktop with same specs destroys the laptop. ALWAYS
Parent
yes, i agree with it.

but actually there are a lot of gaming laptop.

if you look at some website, you can get a good laptop that can handle every games actually out for arround 1000 euro.
yes that is an huge amount of money, and you can surely get the same FPS with a 800 euros pc, but that depend on your need
Parent
My 7 year old pc had 125fps after I logged off then on.

* > i7
Hi Insomnia :-)))), how are you? New PC have more problems with ET game than old :-)).

Try update graphic drivers, or change your screen (1366 x 768) must be same also in your cfg . Look on your firewall.
If you are use old ET cfg that can be problem too.

I hope so you will search solution.
Hello! after some time I again tryied to play ET and finally I found a solution for my fps drop. It was broken AC. That was really strange cos AC was charging laptop but I tried other one and finally my laptop start working properly.
At the same time I found how easy you can control your procesor clock speed using Power Settings.

Now I set Maximum cpu power to 70% to not overheat it and I get stable 125 fps :) Thanks to all guys who tried to help!