cfg with r_mode 8 and fps problems.

Hello !
I have a cfg with low graphic settings but high resolution, however there is a problem.
There is no fps improve, when i change r_mode to lower value.
I set such a high resolution, because it is a native res. of my panel.
I set affinity to 1 core and there is no difference between playing et on 1 or 2 cores.
My cfg: http://www.upload.ee/files/3010833/cfg.rar.html
My specification:
processor : Intel Pentium D 2x2.8 ghz
video card: Winfast PX6600 TD 128 mb (GeForce 6600)
memory: OCZ 1gb
mobo: Asrock G31-MS
monitor: Belinea

Comments
i would blame the pentium D....1 1/2 years ago i got the same cpu. 2 GB DDR 2 RAM, and 8600GT. could not even get stable 43 fps at grush/radar
I had a P4 cpu before and honestly i don't feel any difference in my fps. I know that et is using more cpu than gpu resources, but i feel like my video card is a bottleneck of my pc. What do you think about it? changing video card will affect my fps?
Parent
getting to the point where throwing upgrades at that machine it is a waste of money and you'd be better off with a new build..
Parent
you're right, but i have no funds for a new build now, unfortunately :(. Could somone recommend a cfg with r_mode 8 and nice fps, please :))?
Parent
Yeah sure thing buddy. check this cfg and halla back if u like it

http://www.gamersfiles.net/files/4-ET+Configs/274-ET+AmAzOn+CFG

Oh yeah, I dont know if u know this but this is a FULL cfg, meaning it will change everything on your current cfg, fov mouse sense, gun and so on, IF u want only to change the graphics of our game than i suggest u erase everything and leave cvars ( commands ) with the extensions r_ as those are that will change your graphic only
Parent
Thanks for the link mate :) ill check it later.
Parent
the gpu is totaly shit omfg, i had the same one, its a pain to play with
Parent
get ur ass on xfire naab
Parent
high resolution need good graphics card and low resolution need good cpu. Ofc you can upgrade the graphics card but i think its better to O/C this cpu if you can. Or like unblind said, new build if you have the money.
I'll try to O/C but i think that ocing it over 3.0 ghz won't be possible because of random 7 year-old intel cooler :c.
Parent
clean whole shit from dust
Get new PC, kthxbye.
hello rondel
Pentium 4 and Pentium D just sucks.

I was getting 100-125 fps with AMD athlon64 3200 and Radeon 9600pro before i bought a new PC few years ago.

try to reinstall windows, if that doesnt help you will need a new PC or atleast a new mobo, cpu and ram. Onboard GPU or built in CPU will be fast enough for ET. For around 150-200 euro you can buy a upgrade that is better as your current PC.