Periodically set ET's process to use all cores?

Is there a program/way to set the CPU affinity of ET's process to all cores periodically?

Setting the CPU affinity at start does not work as it keeps resetting after vid_restart/map load.

I'm using Windows 8 (I know that it has problems that Microsoft doesn't seem to intend to solve, but this is not a win8 topic).

I experience that the framerate is terribly unstable on my computer with Win8, if I don't touch the CPU affinity.

But for some odd reason, the FPS are stable when ET is set to use all cores on the computer (4 in my case).
It makes no sense as ET uses only 1 core, but that's how it behaves here...

So, is there a possibility to set the CPU affinity of that process like every 60 seconds automatically or is there a way to strictly enforce the CPU affinity setting in task manager?
Comments
It does make sense since Windows NT is horrible at scheduling.
Only sets it once at startup to use 4 cores. Win8 does that already itself. After mod&map load, it's back to 1 core.
So, this program has no effect in my case. :(
Parent
This is only related to ETPro. Other (fun) mods usually "set" your game to use all of the available cores/threads (Windows). The problem with TZAC+ETPro is that they both use the same core of your CPU so if you want to play smooth with TZAC enabled you have to set it to use 2nd/3rd/4th etc. core ONLY so the first one is reserved only for ETPro.
Well, it's terrible with and without tzac. Lowest value I saw was 60 FPS on tc_base. It even lags on replays after you played on a server. Directly after application start it's fine.

Why is ETPro setting it to use only 1 core?
Is that required for something important or is that just something that requires a fix / inbuild option?

edit:
Or is there a way to periodically set the affinity from outside like a batch command?
I can change them in the task manager, so it might be possible to automate that.
Parent
QuoteWhy is ETPro setting it to use only 1 core?
Is that required for something important or is that just something that requires a fix / inbuild option?

I believe only bani knows the answer.

QuoteOr is there a way to periodically set the affinity from outside like a batch command?
I can change them in the task manager, so it might be possible to automate that.

I'm not sure since for me it changes back to the one core almost immediately I maximize the game (I was changing affinity when the game was already running).

Win 7 x64 + E8400 @ 4GHz here and no probs with running ETPro on one core only (w/o TZAC). Maybe there are programs in the background that take your CPU's time?
Parent
QuoteI'm not sure since for me it changes back to the one core almost immediately I maximize the game (I was changing affinity when the game was already running).

I'm running it in windowed mode now and change it in the task manager. That works but it's very annoying.

QuoteI believe only bani knows the answer.

He should have passed the project to someone else when it becamse clear that he won't maintain it any longer. =/
Parent
Just get a high end cpu and you won't care on how many cores ET runs
Getting new rig for an almost 10 years old game is not a good idea in my opinion. For sure it is if you have too much money tho.
Parent
If you get a good CPU it's not only for ET but for other applications / games
Parent
Core i7 3770K @ 4.80Ghz np, sup ? :D
My fucking god people this game is almost 10 years old and you still can't get 125fps?
haha CaRe is still alive :D

have fun with win8 :p
You're, too, Devito. :D
Parent