Gamers-Leagues Beta Test

Hi CrossFire Community !

I am Rishi, the Community Manager for Gamers-Leagues (GL), an ambitious project that I will present to you today.

We are a young talented team composed of four people who all share the same passions: competitive and professional gaming. Our aim is to create and promote a new form of competition among worldwide online gaming communities. We are thus engaged to deliver a user-friendly and ergonomic platform to all of you, who wish to participate in our future leagues.

GL will embody various innovative components, some that you may be used to and others that include our personal touch which will differentiate us from other platforms such as the ESL.

As of today, we are at an advanced development stage and we will soon be realizing our beta tests, most probably during August, on two FPS games:

1. Counter Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO)

2. Blacklight Retribution - a futuristic Free-to-Play FPS available for download on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/209870/

To conduct this beta test, we will organize our first competitions which will enable us to identify and correct any bugs encountered during the development phase and also to ensure that the Gamers-Leagues Anti-Cheat (GLAC) is performing efficiently. We attach great importance to responsible gaming and we wish to provide a rock-solid defense against cheaters.

As such, we are on the lookout for teams or individual players who would like to help us in setting up our debut competitions. Your role will be to test each of the features of GL, provide us your feedback, report bugs and also participate in our competition.

If you wish to provide your help for our beta, give any suggestions or discover more about our project, just tell us in the comments section below or contact us on: [email protected]

You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook:

https://twitter.com/GamersLeagues
https://www.facebook.com/GamersLeagues

If you wish to contact me personally, here is my skype username: x.gamerx or on XFire : chocoriri

We are counting on your support and we hope that you will volunteer for our project !

:: UPDATE 1 ::

We've had a meeting with a well-established marketing company in France. They are interested in our project and will assist us in the development of GL. They will direct us towards experienced people in the eSports community and manage the communication and advertising sections. Awaiting their confirmation to give you more details :)

:: UPDATE 2 ::

The alpha test of our platform will begin tomorrow ! This will involve an in-depth testing of each feature of GL and some finetuning too : Our devs will correct any bugs or errors encountered :)

:: UPDATE 3 ::

We are looking for C++ Devs for the development of the GLAC. If you possess the required skills, contact us ASAP :)

:: UPDATE 4 ::

The alpha test is scheduled at the end of this week. We will be giving 100 alpha keys, to all those who are interested.

Here is what you'll be able to do:

- Register on our website
- Test the platform and all its features
- Create your own virtual teams to see how have an idea of the GL mechanism
- Identify bugs and suggest improvements

:: UPDATE 5 ::

GL is currently looking for Cheater-Busters for a moderation team. Your role will be to manage the GLAC (our anti-cheat), monitor live matches and provide reports. If you are experienced in this field and want to provide your help, contact us ASAP.
Comments
I apologise for this double post but the first thread encountered a 404 error. Thanks for your understanding.
It encountered it because it was deleted obviously, on a sidenote: links are automatically underlined, by underlining them manually the link is unclickable anymore
Parent
Thanks for pointing this out Kalli :) The post has now been edited :)
Parent
Just tell me when you gonna start, we gonna play CSGO, GL!
Thank you oLGaa :)
Parent
it was meant towards scatman, but gl to you too :)
Parent
Oh my bad :) Well thanks and don't hesitate to share the news about us, with your friends and in other circles as well :)
Parent
Thanks for your interest ScaTmaN :)

Our beta test will be taking place in August and our most probable release date is by the end of September.
Parent
So if i got it right this will be like ESL and CB in future?
Hi CroiNFERNo :)

The aim of Gamers-Leagues is to bring new features to the eSports scene and create new types of competitions where everyone who is concerned will have something to gain.

There will be certain components of the platform which you may have encountered on other leagues but for the most part, we will develop each aspect of GL according to our own objectives and we will also take into account the feedbacks of every participant. These will make us stand out from our competitors :)
Parent
ye all cool but u guys will orginize cups right? In future maybe huge lans like CiC
Parent
You've got it all right CroiNFERNo :) We'll start with online competitions such as regular leagues, tournaments, cups and we will also include ladders so as to encourage teams to constantly perform better. In fact, there will also be a promotion system. For example, the first teams in the amateur league at the end of a series of competitions, will move to the Pro League and so on. :)

As you said, when we'll have the required resources and reputation afterwards, we'll certainly hold LAN competitions :)

If you think you could help us in any way or provide your ideas do tell us here ! :)
Parent
Well no ideas just dont fall apart like ESL did with ET cus here on ET forum where u posted it we all want cups for ET not for CS:go or Blacklight Retribution. SO is there future for ET in ur organization
Parent
We are actually on the lookout for games where the competitive potential is not yet fully exploited. If we see that there is a nice amount of online ET players who wish to participate in competitions, we'll consider its implementation on Gamers-Leagues :)
Parent
Well we both know that ET is dead at least we think so nut at every cup there are nice nubmer of teams so i think u should concider ET as ur main platform to be honest.
Parent
I have not yet examined the ET competitive scene but as I said, we'll consider ET as one of our future options and take a decision afterwards :) Anyways I will post any updates on this post so as to keep all of you informed :)
Parent
I honestly wouldn't get my hopes too high if I were u, in terms of getting a lot of beta testers at least here, since this community is mostly ET based. I would on other side like to ask, if there's any chance this beta phase can be done as well for ET, as we all know current state of TZAC isn't really bright.
Also is this company only anti-cheat related or it has it's own leagues / ladders among the FPS / other games?
Hi Aniky :)

In fact, our anti-cheat will be developed by our C++ Devs but if there is any chance of collaborating with those who are behind those who've created the TZAC we'll certainly be happy to talk about it. But for the moment, the two FPS games mentioned above are those which are confirmed.

The GL platform will enable players to participate in leagues and we will also incorporate ladders so as to encourage the continuous improvement of teams. We are starting off with these two games but we will also extend to other game genres later such as RPGs and MOBAs. Also, as I've replied to CroiNFERNo's comment above, there will also be a promotion system which will enable teams to move from one league to another.
Parent
Did these guys who are working on the anti-cheat, already performed or made anything in the past, i mean, do they have any experiences already to backup this project with something to show for anyone seriously related to co-operate with them in future, after all people would like to assure that this isn't some kind of scam or anything and that it's being serious project to work on.

As for the coder of tzac, he sadly disbanded / stoped working on it, also had some issues, but i assume some guys around here would be probably ready to help with the project if it came so far and serious that it would replace tzac.

Also wanted to ask, if this project ever happens to support ET, will ur league act like ESL, who only allowed their anti cheat to be used at their ladders and not CB, or will u let ur anti-cheat being used at ClanBase matches as well?
Parent
GL is currently partnered with an expert communication company in France. They will soon provide us with experienced C++ Devs to set up the GLAC. Yes I do understand your concerns Aniky and I wish to reassure you and the whole community here:

We are indeed working very hard on GL and the anti-cheat is one of our primary objectives. Several people have voiced out their opinions about this, how ACs are not as efficient as they pretend to be and how they are often released and never updated to counter new forms of hacks and cheats.

With the upcoming GLAC, we wish to provide a constantly up-to-date AC program. We will try to always be one step ahead of those who are tempted to cheat and not provide remedies after cheaters are widespread across our servers. In order to succeed, we will also employ skilled cheater-busters who will again improve the anti-cheat capabilities of Gamers-Leagues.

We are welcome to potential partnerships and we would indeed be glad to collaborate with the TZAC coders if they do show the interest. I am sure that if they do provide their help, the GLAC will become one of the most efficient ACs available.

We will keep the GLAC restricted to our project at start. Later on, we will consider the sharing possibilities as we'll have to work together with those who wish to implement it on their systems so as to avoid compatibility issues :)
Parent
Sounds good, tho i was wondering, how old is this organization at this point and how come u don't have website?
Parent
GL is near to 6 months old by now. We do have our website, though you'll only be able to see an unfinished version at this time because it's under construction. It will soon go live, since the beta is scheduled for August.
Parent
Buddies (1)

Romania unforgiven
XXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Parent
no ET, no care
Hi twidi :) and thanks for reading our post.

GL is actually in beta test phase as you have seen and that is why we've chosen these two games. This is to test the efficiency of our platform and we are not ruling out any possibilities just yet. We'll obviously have to extend GL to other games as well and as I replied above, we wish to include games whose competitive potential has not yet been fully exploited. ET might form part of GL in the future buddy :)
Parent
ET community is rude and fuckd up, why did you even post here? Goodluck tho....
Hi vATU

I'll have to disagree on this point. I've been in contact with several people who are registered on CrossFire and who've shown interest in our project.

I'll also ask you to be polite in your future posts on our thread, especially when speaking about communities which involve large amounts of people. I do agree that there may be some immature people sometimes but please do not generalise such facts :)
Parent
thats why we're still on this website after all these years :XD
Parent
I guess so LeFrancis :)
Parent
u fuckin nub who are u 2 say anythin nub brain
Parent
If you are not interested in our project, please do not pollute our thread with such worthless comments. Thanks.
Parent
Apologies my esteemed friend, I was simply meaning to provoke my other esteemed companion Francis (#follow.et e-gaming commander and leader) into a reaction. I sincerely apologise for seeming to pollute your thread, I certainly regret my actions.
Parent
Nice vocabulary buddy :) I'm still laughing :P..I just thought you came here for no reason at all..So have you read our post ?
Parent
I read some of it, if you want my opinion you will go for bigger fish than this community, it is relatively inactive at the moment. Of course every little helps, but you won't get much exposure here, especially with two games that aren't ET.
Parent
cannot be mad @ my nbr 1 uk e-friend and old computer soldier
it would be like eating meat without mustard de dijon
Parent
Very true :) He got me with those "esteemed" words :P
Parent
Everybody knows that meat cannot be eaten without mustard de dijon
Parent
good luck with your project ;)

when are you going to start?
Hi DeVito :)

Our beta test is currently scheduled for August and our release date will most probably be at the end of September.

Stay tuned ! I'll update this thread with all new developments :)
Parent
dont u have a website?
Hi russell :)

The GL website is under construction right now. It will soon go live though, since our beta test is scheduled for August. Our devblog will also be released in the coming weeks so that you can all check out our development progress.

In the meantime, feel free to ask me any questions that you may have :)
Parent
Hi CrossFire !

Our project is still advancing smoothly. We've provided you with an update on our progress. Check it out in the above post and give us your opinions ! :)
Remember, we want GL to be seen by professionals and as such, if you have contacts in the CS:GO competitive scene, such as team managers and pro players and you wish to help us in communicating with them, it will really help us :)

We count on your support !
The above post has been updated : The GL Alpha test will begin tomorrow ! Stay tuned :)
Post update 3 : GL is looking for skilled C++ Devs ! Contact us asap if you have the required skills ! :)
Post Update 4 : Alpha test will be held at the end of this week ! 100 Alpha keys for you to have an exclusive look at our platform ! We invite everyone to check out GL for the first time !
Post Update 5 : Gamers-Leagues is setting up a team of Cheater-Busters. Contact us ASAP if you have experience in the field :)