Best Server Host

I'm gonna give this new server a shot. but who to host with???
Comments
Does k-play actually still host ET? I remember helix had k-play
Parent
if you ask em for it.
Parent
I will once I got my ethernet cables all across the house instead of stupid wlan, I hope they're not that expensive anymore as they used to be though, don't want too waste too much money on this
Parent
90€/month for 14slots afaik
Parent
nice try, it used to be smth around 30€
Parent
O_O one would mean server providers have it easier and cheaper to host more gameservers on less servers nowadays
Parent
Some other than YCN.
Actually, I was gonna talk to you about that if I saw you on xFire

Need that website to show more, like what the cpanel looks like, etc
Parent
I would go with gameservers
what fanatic said
I had a feeling most people were gonna say YCN
why do you want to host a server anyways? There are enough good empty servers out there, save your money. Also you are one of the refs in NBS no? As far as I can remember you come here to crossfire and whine that people only play supply/delivery but then you go to NBS and /ref change the map to delivery, ALL the time, seen you do it everytime of the few times I go there so I really don't understand it.
Because it gets tiring when other maps are started and 7 minutes later people are voting to change. Part of my job as admin is to keep the players happy enough to just play and no matter what anyone says, on Nbs, Supply/Deli is what most people want.

And you're right, I'm tired of playing those maps which is why I'm thinking about trying a new server again
Parent
lol
So what if they vote another map, just hit f2 as ref and vote gets cancelled. And again, if I remember correctly last time people voted goldrush, vote passed and you then ref changed the map to delivery, haha. I dont see how can you say that you are tired of supply/deli when you ALWAYS everytime I see you go on nbs instantly vote delivery, this blows my mind... the hypocrisy I mean.
Parent
I don't log in as ref so hitting F2 twice doesn't work. And no, the vote didn't pass for Gold Rush, Fruits used the bug to change it to GR and I changed to Deli, which is what the vote was for and had passed.

Also, if there's more than 12 people on the server, I never vote yes for Deli. I hate that map when the server is full
Parent
Start making nbs stopwatch/campaign and come back again dickface
This one looks pretty good, actually
Parent
That's actually proper advice, not like the others weren't.
Parent
k-play.de
YCN has decent quality nowadays, for ET its completely fine.
YCN BNCs going offline 20 times a day, TS / ET Servers lagging, really quality services lol
YCN has done more for ET than all of the other server hosting companies combined, so maybe you should consider showing a little respect
Parent
PLEASSEEEEE they didn't do it for free lol and all the influence was from YCN Marcus anyway
Parent
so you paid for your BNC? and you pay to use TZAC? and GTV? and CF TS? and BiO?
Parent
I didn't pay for my BNC but zekxa does I don't know about CF TS, TZAC is all business, lol if there is no TZAC people will just stop playing => YCN doesn't get money from selling shit servers. GTV as the site or the servers? because the servers are like this gtv7.gamestv.org:7777 or gtv7.gamestv.org:10999 etc and not hosted by YCN.
Parent
QuoteI didn't pay for my BNC but zekxa does

ok, so you're complaining about (free) YCN BNCs when you don't even use one...

QuoteI don't know about CF TS

it is hosted by YCN, for free

QuoteTZAC is all business

what? currently the only "business" aspect of TZAC is the two ads that YCN has on the website and client... with chaplja gone, YCN is the reason for the anticheat still running

Quotelol if there is no TZAC people will just stop playing

exactly, YCN is helping to keep ET alive. thank you for proving my point

QuoteYCN doesn't get money from selling shit servers

yeah, how dare a server hosting company charge money for servers! I've never had problems with any of YCN's game servers, despite living across the ocean, so dunno how you can call them shit

QuoteGTV as the site or the servers? because the servers are like this gtv7.gamestv.org:7777 or gtv7.gamestv.org:10999 etc and not hosted by YCN

both. the site is run on a YCN server just like TZAC, and the only UK/NL GTV matchservers available are hosted by YCN (once again, for free)

tbh I find it pathetic that you think you have the right to bash YCN's free services when you have done literally nothing to contribute to this game or community and have instead (ironically) spent your free time ddosing players and servers for laughs
Parent
So you basically you teared up my sentences, took parts of them and made it look like however you wanted to lol, you used to be "ohurcool" before you became admin but I guess power do change people now you are just "ohursad"

and dddoos luuul 1337 wat iz dat? #yolo #swag
Parent
No, those were literally words that you wrote.

I know, I found it hard to believe myself.

Don't forget to keep breathing!
Parent
what embarrassed said... I directly copy-pasted each part of your comment

and at least I wasn't kicked from my league's admin team for being immature
Parent
Haha I never pretended to be a good Admin xD if someone gives me some admin i'll fuck shit up for sure, but unlike you I admit it
Parent
lol u got ownd by macdonald eater
Parent
I agree and all my past servers have been with YCN, but I have had my share of problems and I know it happens to everyone on every host. I'm not against using YCN again, I just wondered if people thought there were better out there
Parent
problems will occur with any host, and I'm sure there are indeed other decent ones out there as well

just pointing out how unfair it is to talk shit about a company that has done so much for ET over the years
Parent
I agree with that. YCN has definitely led the way for ET server hosts. And that's probably who I'll go with this weekend when I set my new one up.

OK, Wooooo, I know... "no" lol
Parent
Giving money to charity doesn't make it okay to sell shit product.
Parent