CB ET Democrew Recruiting

image: kHlYr34

The ClanBase ET Democrew is still alive, but we need your help. We are currently looking to recruit a few more members and are of course always accepting demo submissions.

What is a democrew?

A democrew is a small group of trustworthy players who have the time, motivation, and experience to regularly review demos of suspected cheaters and give their unbiased opinion on whether or not the player in question is cheating.

It is not an official ClanBase crew position.

How do I join the democrew?

These are our requirements:
  • Have a traceable playing history and an active ClanBase account
  • Be willing to spend a decent amount of time each week reviewing demos
  • Maintain the "silent duty": keep internal information internal
  • Maintain good, unbiased judgment no matter which demo you are reviewing
And this is the information we need from you:
  • A brief introduction of yourself and link to your CB account
  • Your gaming history and admin experience, if applicable
  • Why you want to be a democrew member
  • How much time you can spend per week reviewing demos

How do I submit a demo?

Any type of demo can be submitted. It does not matter if the action took place in an official cup/ladder match, in an IRC war, or on a public server. However, we do require a few things from you.

First, we obviously need a demo to review. You can either send us a .dm_84 file or a link to a match on GamesTV with a replay available. We also accept .avi files but still require the actual demo or replay as well.

Secondly, we need timestamps. This is very important, as it makes our job a lot easier if you actually let us know what we should be looking for and where and when we should be looking for it. We do not have the time or motivation to watch hours of demos simply because you have a hunch that player A was cheating.

Here's a quick example of good timestamps:

Quotesp_delivery_te (round 1)
11:21 - snaps to the medic behind a wall and starts tracking him, shoots a little bit before he is visible

et_ufo_final (round 2)
5:44 - aims at an engi behind a box

supply (round 2)
8:21 - shoots at the engi behind the tree
4:21 - shoots at the medic behind a tree and a wall

Finally, we need proof that the player in the demo is who you claim it is. This is usually not an issue if the game was played on ETTV, since we have access to server logs. However, if the demo comes from an IRC war or public server, we would need you to provide us with the server logs so that we can confirm the player's identity. Having the same in-game name as a player is not enough proof that it is actually that player.

If you'd like to report a cheater or apply to join the democrew, please send a PM to United States of America ohurcool here on Crossfire with all necessary information.

Many are quick to accuse players of cheating or admins of being lazy, but very few seem to be willing to put forth the small amount of effort it takes to send us demos with timestamps. Help us help you.

#clanbase.et
Comments
Kitt

DaNe
Kitt in democrew -> 70 % banned
ye i was so wrong with those 2 haxors...
Parent
lets make it same as LoL tribunal
95% punish rate GG
LORDI to democrew ggwp
still avi :S
and for what do we need uac then? i can see ppl getting banned without cheating, bb ET ;(
There are a few players who play "obvious" and are not cheating at all...
Parent
he asked "LIKE WHO?" and you not only did not give any names but answered some nonsense...
Parent
cuz UAC best AC and omg shut up and show other solution
Parent
easiest way to identify of players atm
Parent
UAC is currently being used not only as an anticheat but also as a method of identifying players in-game. While I'd like to think that we will be getting shit done with the democrew, there is no reason not to use an AC when we have one available to us.

The main purpose of recruiting more democrew members is to have a few more opinions for each review, so that innocent players are not being banned for cheating simply because one or two people saw something fishy. Banned players always have the opportunity to appeal their ban and will be provided with timestamps upon request.
Parent
you had ur chances. Im gone now. I feel insulted.
Hopefully you find a few decent people for this, gl.
Would apply but something tells me ohurcool cannot remain unbiased towards applications
Hi Robaciek,

We are very disappointed that you will not be applying to join the democrew.

Love,
No one
Parent
well that's a tad bit unprofessional sir ohurcool
Parent
I found it funny considering it was directed to robaciek
Parent
how can no one write comment? dat mystery
Parent
he refers to himself. "No one" = him, a complete random dude that doesn't mean anything and is just a zero.
Parent
What Robert said
I wouldn't mind :)
can i join democrew? because i dont wanna waste 10 mins on writing pm
Just please don't get some of those guys who think everyone is cheating after every random action...like some people I see whining 24/7 in ettv or gamestv page
why make a fucking topic when you obviously choose only wannabe highsilled friend only?

i'm not qualified enough.. because? i was wrong with chilx or m1tja? i blame everyone?

get your head out of your ass...
no offence but u should pick only highskilled players for that :D

gl
+2-1= +1 there is negatives and positive things in this comments.
Parent
hahahha nerds
your quotes are shit for tips. watch st and other players. multiple shit and stuff to watch. it will be hard to say