Need help with specs

I need some help with my specs.

First I'll ask some stupid questions:
- Can I use like whatever vid card I want with my specs below, as long I make sure it gets the right watt(or voltage) and cooling is ok? (Already use an 'Overdrive' software, which allows me to control it).

- As you can see: my cpu and vid card are ok. They are aboslutly not great. Vid card was 1.5 years ago, one of the best when you compared price with performance. For example the cpu isn't even comparable with an i7.
Since I won't buy a new motherboard, I have to stick with the two socket fm2 from AMD.
Anyone have some recommendations? I would appreciate the help.

- I'm thinking for the first time ever to get my hands on a NVIDIA gaming Vid Card. As far as I know, it should still work on my device, right?

Specs:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/9/2015, 23:05:18
Machine name: xxxx
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r9.150322-1500)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7792
BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/24/13 18:52:27 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 750K Quad Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8146MB RAM
Page File: 2308MB used, 10433MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6818)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: xxxx
Display Memory: 5870 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2030 MB
Shared Memory: 3840 MB
Comments
win7 > win8
And why is that?
Parent
7 lucky number
Parent
This does not say anything about what PSU you are using. I can't say based on this minor information that you can add another graphics card.

Your motherboard is this right? http://www.msi.com/product/mb/FM2-A75IA-E53.html#hero-overview
Your CPU will bottleneck almost any high-end graphics card. You could overclock a little bit your CPU to gain extra performance, but a faster CPU than the one you have is not available for this socket. Further your motherboard is not really the overclocking type, not enough phases. The only way to really improve speed in this area is buy new motherboard and CPU.

When I look at the GPU information I think it's a HD7850 . That fits your CPU pretty well..
If you are playing on Full HD it's pretty much useless to upgrade to faster GPU since your CPU will bottleneck it on that resolution.

Two options:
- Keep this and overclock it a bit, both GPU can be overclocked easily.
- Buy new Motherboard CPU and GPU if you really want to increase performance.

Both options are also dependable on what PSU you actually have. If you have a crappy PSU I would not advise overclocking.
Hey,

Thank you for a good explanation. One (guy named 'yes' already informed about the bottleneck).
I'll update this thread soon, with some more spec info. (I'll just add the dxdiag).

Cheers,

Glenn
Parent