ET Pay4Play Ladder?

What do you think? It is rly boring to watch this "mix only" ettv matches nowadays.
Only one question is - if it is not to late for ET? Do we still have like 50 active players around?
Same ladder started for cod4 few days ago:

http://eu.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/590811/Official-Announcement-CoD4-Pay2Play-Ladder/

Rules can be fixed a bit, for example:

• A new ladder format will require each team to pay a fee of 10€ to play.
  • Teams can join the ladder at any point during the season with a minimum amount of 6 players and a maximum amount of 8 players.
  • After the ladder has started the rosters are locked and will not be allowed to make team changes. We will however allow 3 roster changes over the season via support ticket.
  • Players can switch teams as often as they want, but will have to wait 24 hours after leaving a team to join another. A player can only be in one team at a time.
  • At the end of the season the best 16/8/4 teams (changes possible) will fight for a set prize.
  • We will split the money over the first 3 ranks as follows:
    1st 60%
    2nd 30%
    3rd 10%

Discuss
Comments
at maximum there is 50~ active players and 20~ of them play 3on3 mainly, not gonna happen
too late

also, get a job if you want to make money.
Without job i have money u mad bro?
Parent
Why would I be mad, I just pointed out the most common way to earn money, e.g. working.
Parent
cool idea, do it for 3on3 ladder!
The ET United cups with a prize did nothing to boost activity and it was free money. Not sure this would do anything.
It's not sure it will result in the desired effect. However I'm quite sure it will do more for the activity in ET then hodor playing against EA every day.
Parent
The only quite sure thing is that you got no idea what you saying Heady mate
Parent
Well I don't think esSe and igla are trying to save ET by playing ladder matches, so that's quite a low bar to compare it to.
Parent
Please try not to take every comment so seriously, it will make your life better
Parent
there are actually people in the community who act like mixes are killing ET, so it's hard to tell :D
Parent
Then the amount of money wasn't enough obviously :D
Parent
At 10€ per team, this cup would need 19 teams for 1st place to make as much money as the United cups.
Parent
My point was that if you'd put 5k as a grand prize, I can bet it would boost activity. :D But sadly it will never be possible/going to happen anymore.

Nobody gives a shit about 100-200 euros when there's 6 players sharing it.
Parent
Rong
QuoteMy point was that if you'd put 5k as a grand prize, I can bet it would boost activity. :D But sadly it will never be possible/going to happen anymore.

Nobody gives a shit about 100-200 euros when there's 6 players sharing it.

so what about 15-20 euros each player, its nothing when you share it for one season, but enough to scare away idiots
Parent
It might "boost activity" for that particular tournament, but things would revert to normal once it's over. Essentially you're just paying people to play ET.

Also, running such a tournament would be a nightmare.
Parent
Well if there was like once a year 5k tournament it would keep people probably playing. But yes in the end it would be just paying for people to play if you want to simplify it.
Parent
Well I think Rong means if there were continuously those cups, twice a year or so.. :) and ofc a lan tourney with a bigger prize pot

but thats something which been discussed forever and not been possible since years
Parent
No it wouldn't.
It would be the same thing with every cup and LAN event that has a prize pool. You have the elite team (cough, Rushit, cough) that puts together an "unbeatable" team just for the money.
When they have their prizes, they stop playing altogether. It's been that way for a few years now and even increasing the winning isn't going to fix that.
Parent
No worry's elysium is here now
Parent
we've won more united cups where money was increased than rushit... the prizepools dont even bother all of us, cuz winning 20€ isn't a big deal, isnt it?
Parent
do u mean the united cups where the money wasnt even paid at some.?
Parent
that's news to me because I wasn't involved with any of the cups, but I guess that players thinking there's prize money should have the same effect anyway.
Parent
same for the rtcw cups of 2012-2014. There was absolutely no correlation between money and activity
Parent
Just disallow mixes in current ladder...and wait for new ac cwelac. Oh w8
i can see some old "talents" coming back just for this
Great idea...
No sorry, better playing some casual games where you get banned for telling someone he sucks balls and he should leave his computer screen to get laid by someone else than his mom .
Great idea, too high activity in ladders should be decreased!
Time to play cod4
Cool idea, but it would never work with ET. Even when the game was more active I highly doubt you could find more than a few teams willing to pay to participate in an online competition. And it's been proven again and again that offering prizemoney has very little long-term effect on overall activity, which kinda defeats the purpose really.
Just face it already
This community is shit and it fucked up the game
That's the end of it
you got the point nothing to add.
Parent
this community is gold
there's no other game where you can talk hardcore without getting banned coz other communities are made of 12yo fags who gets butthurt for nothing
Parent
THIS

but thats cause most of users here oldschool fps gamers who are used to the trash talk etc etc :P
Parent
And thats the reason why this game is dead :-------PPPPPPPPP no 12 yo fags who gets butthurt for nothing :PPPPPP
Parent
just add ET to steam, it is free
PogChamp PogChamp PogChamp
Parent
Nice idea but it will be motivated for high skilled players only who's gonna be able to win this cup's. We should think how to keep this game alive and get some fresh/new players. There is a lot of servers hosted on shit mods like jaymod,silent etc with a lot of gamer's and need to find an answer why they want to play ffa games only? Anyone know's why ET it's not on STEAM? What's the reason?
Fucking drop it already
lets do it
I think ET has a better chance at a more faceit style of games to increase activity and allow anyone to play at any given time, Sort of like the old mix IRC channels (there can be two 'divisions' to seperate skill groups, if needed). Teams signing up for a ladder will have the same issues, stacked teams and only 2-3 teams really being viable to take a top slot. In terms of pay to play I think that is a bad idea personally.
different idea: call it ET:GO, let players customize their weapons and add molotovs. people will love it