Creators Update mouse bug

The Windows 10 Creators Update seems to cause a problem in games that don't use raw mouse input, including ET. I installed it a couple of weeks ago, and haven't been playing ET much so haven't had time to notice, but it is very noticable.

The problem, in short, is that if you move your mouse very slowly in-game, nothing happens at all. It's very annoying.

If you already installed it and don't want to, or can't, go back, I recommend using RInput or something similar. It's a relatively simple temporary solution until Microsoft fixes their bug.

If you notice this in newer games like CS:GO, make sure you're using raw mouse input in the game's settings.
Comments
Playing ET without RInput is easy if you don't use high dpi. 800 is still fine with HD resolution.
Parent
Haha yeah, 1600+ dpi for years without rinput was always fun, can't really go back to playing without rinput since I started using it like 6months ago lol
Parent
I had exactly the same thing with the new Logitech G403.
Start->Settings->Update&Security->Recovery->Go Back to an earlier build-> CU Bye Creators update
Sadly, I updated 2 weeks ago and the "Go back to an earlier build" option is only there for 10 days after updating.
Parent
thank you mate!
Parent
well this is gonna be fun to deal with @ lan :o)
The Windows 10 Creators Update seems to cause a problem in games that don't use raw mouse input, including ET. You installed it a couple of weeks ago, and haven't been playing ET much so u haven't had time to notice, but it is very noticable.

The problem, in short, is that if you move your mouse very slowly in-game, nothing happens at all. It's very annoying.

If you already installed it and don't want to, or can't, go back, you recommend using RInput or something similar. It's a relatively simple temporary solution until Microsoft fixes their bug.

If you notice this in newer games like CS:GO, make sure you're using raw mouse input in the game's settings.
This anomaly in your usual pattern is messing with my autism. Usually you only do these silly responses when someone is asking for advice, not when they're offering it.

What does it mean?
Parent
This anomaly in his usual pattern is messing with your autism. Usually he only does these silly responses when someone is asking for advice, not when they're offering it.

That's what it means!
Parent
Thanks! My autism is happy now. And sorry for the bait.
Parent
ur aunt is happy now, dont worry about the bits

xoxo
Parent
there is no spoon
Parent
Hi, if you updated 2 weeks ago and don't have options "go back to earlier build" open link:
http://pureinfotech.com/uninstall-windows-10-creators-update/ and check options:
"Go back to the previous version of Windows 10 option not available"
Useful link. Thank you!
Parent
I got a question, kind of relating to this topic. I'm using still the Logitech mx518 and I overclocked it to 500 hz on windows 7. Does it mean, when I play on lan with it, the mouse still works at 500 hz or do I have to do it all over again? Or even worse, will it not be possible to overclock it at all with windows 10?

Thanks for the help in advance

x
You're going to need a tool like "hidusbf" or similar
Parent
usb pool rate, with that mouse, is changed at computer level, by changing "usbport.sys"

u have to do it on the PCs u want to play OR buy a mouse that overrides it with its firmware
there is a way on win10, search TUTs/google
Parent