need advise...

hmmm I have a question for you guys

I have a logitech G5, with new hyperglides.
As surface i have the steelpad S&S, great but worn in the middle so i have much friction there. now is my question, should i buy a new steelpad S&S or some other LEET pad... i could also buy a razer diamondback... but i have rather large hands so maybe thats a problem?

fyi i play mid-high sens ±20cm for 360.

thanks for your help
Comments
First of all, if you buy a new mouse, buy the Razer DeathAdder superb mouse. As for you mousepad, it all depends on whether you really want to invest more money into a pad just to play a little bit better. I, personally would but I'm a performance freak. If you do intend to buy a new mousepad I'd for the Razer Mantis Speed great mat, flawless really. Oh and you use highsens 180 degress over 40 cm = low, 270 degrees over 40 cm = mid, 360 degrees over 40 cm = high (In my mind anyway). For optimal performance in ET I suggest you turn your sens down quite a bit!
imo qpad is good too :|
Parent
Yeah 'tis, I'm using my qpad now 'cause I spilt coke on my mantis speed.
Parent
Poor you :<
Parent
i need only 10-12 cm to do 360... am i new danone or sth?
Parent
That's even more than danone wtf
Parent
i play on 1600 dpi with 1.65 sensitivity and m_yaw = 0.018...
got steelpad qcq mini[~25 cm]
Parent
well, too bad, i do not evan have enough space for such a sense on my table, i need about 4cm for a 360(mouse accl ftw):P
Parent
my "high sens" is also caused by small table
Parent
20 cm for a 360 isn't that high. :x

Just get a new S&S or wait for the new QPAD hard surface pads.
you play with pritty low sens...
i would suggest razer mantis speed for 20 bucks
My Logitech G5 works best on a wooden table.
just get used to the one you play on..i mean, once you get used to it , you play good on everything

i always played with a ballmouse and a mousemat from 2 euros, then i bought an logitech mx518 and some leet mousemat, but my skills didnt improve that much tbh
could be true, but i hate the friction in the middle of my pad. i thought this problem would be solved with some hyperglidez, but still i have more friction in the middle than on the sides of the pad. besides i want no fricion :P
Parent
i play with same pad and g3 work so good on this surface

the only problem is the loss of skin that soil the surface of the pad
i think another mousepad will make u pr0
tbh u are already equipped well
its all about training... just stick to the stuff u got and pracc with it

ps: oh i read it again, just buy the same then... if it worked well for u before
i have my everglide titan xxl for 10 months now, its still okay.. for 20€

before that i played 2 ec's on my desk without a mousepad.. so who needs that anyways
just bought a pad for the cpc lan, although it didnt make any change i guess
u wanted to be cool at lan so u brought mause pad? atention whore! :D
Parent
no.. because they have other desks
i used some spray etc to get my own desk faster u know
Parent
Razer Copperhead !!!!
get a cloth mat my glides have never worn out!
hahai tried cloth - QcK+ - to replace my S&S, but the friction on that pad is just HUGE, that wasn't an issue back then because then i was lowsens0r.. but now it is just annoying.
icepad? frictionless:p
other mousepad, I have the same problem @ S&S steelpad with g5!
hmmm what mouse pad have you bought? or are you going to buy?? should i go for another S&S?
Parent
Don't got for another S&S..
atm I found the best solution, 2 A3 Papers pasted over the S&S :p
I'm still thinking about what mousepad..
But I hear alot of people saying a g5 dies quickly so I might just play with this combination till my mouse dies & I can buy a whole new combination..
But still till now, g5 > *
Parent