Razer + USB = Sad Panda

Hellos there,

A friend of mine has some trouble with his new Razer Deathadder.

The USB-Port keeps disconnecting from time to time.

He installed new drivers, firmware etc. but nothing worked + he doesn't have an asus mainboard.

Any suggestions?

thx in advance
Comments
Might be the mouse? And why did you mention that he doesn't have an asus mainboard? just wondering? :D
bug seems to be more common with asus boards
Parent
rly? :<<<<<<<<<<<<

just ordered the new razer for my asus usb port :<<<<<<<<<<<
Parent
hmm rly? never heard that before i have an asus board and im on like my 5th copperhead
Parent
:/ most likely the cable inside the mouse is broken
if its the same in all ports then its a problem with the mouse. Razer mice are notorious for having poor cables. I send it back and ask for a replacement. It's a shame because they are decent mice just seems a lot of them are poorly made.
I had no problems at all with my DA, seems to be LUCK! ;o!
Parent
same with my CH ;o!
Parent
unexpected ;o!
Parent
haha wanted 2 buy it, fortunaly i didnt :)
how unfortunate for you
Parent
:( i feel kinda good having my good old mx518 instead of cheap razer which will be broken like after 1 year :/
Parent
my mx518 always broke after ~9 months average so that's not a point :p
+ you will get a new one for free, warranty n stuff, np
Parent
mine works for over a year and belive me i used it a lot ;p
Parent
im having same problem atm with mine, sucks balls

i emailed razer tech support, still waiting to hear from them
tell me what they say if they mail back :)
Parent
b
r
o
k
e
n

c
a
b
l
e

Just like the 1000 times before you when somebody posted a journal about his mice randomly disconnecting.
hey overdrive, my mouse stops working sometimes? U know how i can fix this?
Parent
hey overdrive, which is best 2000DPI and windows sens 10 or do i need something higher?
Parent
overdrive, r_displayrefresh 60 and maxfps 60 is the ownage right?
Parent
nope its not a broken cable- me and a friend of mine have the same problem ( and he has even a logitech mouse)
well i cant imagine what the reason is, but if i restart the computer it works for some minutes, then it disconnects again.
how do you know it's not a broken cable?
i got the same problem with like 3 or 4 mice already and i was told it's probably a broken cable by logitech. Not disconnecting all the time and working for some minutes doesn't mean much, i got the same with my old mouse like 2-3 weeks ago. Since i got my new mouse it's fine again.
Parent
well it started since i downloaded a program, and sometimes even my keyboard doesnt work-- but i cant imagine that a program could be a reason for that-
all i know is that its reallly no broken cable, my friend bought a new mouse and he still has that problems... and he has the same program as me
Parent
pls, logitech mice can also have broken cables :D
Parent
pls..tell me more
Parent
have you seen logitech g5 cable?
Parent
Don't think it's a broken cable either, because it works for 5 minutes and then it disconnects every minute
well i had this problem with my old diamondback, i think he has got some mouse problem as well, but i dont know about any problem to DA.
Parent
USB 1.1 perhaps? Should be ok with 2.0.

Orrr reset the ports to default 125Hz, try that...
this is a VERY common problem with razer mice that DISGUSTS MY SOUL considering their prices.

Basically it is because of the fucking cheap tacky connection as the cable goes into the mouse. The wires can very easily become exposed at the join and short each other out causing disconnects.

I had to open up my razer and with pliers break a peice of plastic off, then SQUISH the wire into a fixed position and use EXTREMELY strong glue to cement it in that position and put the case back on and let it set.

Really gay. ALL my friends who got razer had this problem. If its still in guarantee he should get another.
da is my 3rd razer (1,5 year viper, 1 year copperhead, liek 5 months da)

never ever had a problem with them (btw laser mice (cp) sucks donkeyballs)
Parent
IME3 > all
I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!GAYZER KRAIT FOR ME

http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=journal&mode=item&id=43338
find old usb mouse, replace cable

u'll have to rearrange the wires inside the cable because razer wants to be special but if ur fingers are not too thick its not that hard