New Project repost

after getting nice feedback this night i would like to get some more creative comments so here is my idea:

QuoteHi Crossfire guys n girls

I want to present you a little project im planing atm.
So here is a short version of it:

Do you watch soccer? and do you know the thingje "The Goal of the Week"?
I want to creat something like that for W:ET called "The Frag of the Week".
It would work like this:
Alot of ppl would send our little crew(around 5 guys atm) some demos of their frags which they have to proof they made it in that week.
we dont take demos from random mIRC wars or mixes, we want you to proof us(with links etc) that this frag was made in a official war.

so for e.g we get 25 demos of differen ppl our little crew would decide wich are the best 10 of them and we would put them together in a clip. you would download the clip and vote your "frag of the week".after 4 frags the the week we could also let you vote the frag of the month.

we dont take care about skill, just proof us you made that frag in a official war(CB LADDER OC EC NC ESL LADDER)) whatever.

so and here is my question... do you like that idea? thats not the release of the project cuz we are still planing it i just want to hear some first feedback.

im really sorry for my very bad english.
thanks for feedback Kito
p.s this is serious :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course many ppl are curious and waiting for some news and here they are:

- organised a top level domain (prolly .de or .eu)
- organised a ftp server + php + mysql
- made a homepage to present the project (vote, videostreaming, forums included)
- arranged ppl who administrate it (webmaster, moviemaker, shoutcaster)

And I think it's time to go around.
Only some bits and bobs are missing for the homepage, but it's almost finished. Status at the moment is ~80%

The Crew:

kito - project owner, moviemaker
w0nd3r - 2nd project owner, webmaster, irc admin #frag-theatre
spree - graphics designer, moviemaker
Mashed - Shoutcaster, commentator, website proof reader
slifer - moviemaker
Knutbert - moviemaker

ppl are able to vote their frag, called "frag of the week". So you can contribute your demos to us (upload script is integrated in homepage). Of course they are some rules you've to respect, but I think it might be no problem. After this you've to wait for our dicision! We, all admins, will dicide in our privat forums if your frag will be accepted or not. If not you have the possibility to send us your demo next month. If you contribute the same demo before this date, it will be rejected. Other rules you can read on our homepage soon.

To make sure, that the voting isn't a chated one, you've to signup our page. Don't be afraid, it's a simple signup in a phpBB3 platform. You can use your accout for the whole page.

Thanks for your support, news will be published in #frag-theatre
Comments
Nice idea as already said yesterday ;>

QuoteI would say ETTV matches only, that would make it easier for you. Furthermore doing a great frag on ETTV is better than a clanwar nobody could talk about. It should be like the goal of the month in football. You should all be able to see it and to talk about it after the match.
QuoteI would say ETTV matches only, that would make it easier for you. Furthermore doing a great frag on ETTV is better than a clanwar nobody could talk about.

I dont agree with this... You can make great frags even without ETTV + then people can see what happened without ETTV. If someone is making a frag on ETTV it might be public already like wow wtf did u see that! If it was a clanwar without ETTV its like a new great frag... So the thing u say with ETTV frags only.. Atleast I dont agree with it :)
Parent
i have to agree with you.
Parent
Let me join ur little crew D;
youre already in my crew
Parent
Llamacrew? <3
Parent
depends on the moviemakers you guys have, i think its a nice idea
we got 4 moviemakers, but we dont want to add much effects because its for the frags not for the fact how the frag got edited
Parent
even best frags lose everything when they arent edited well + i guess its hard to find a decent moviemaker that will take minimovies imo
but gl
Parent
"even best frags lose everything when they arent edited well"
While you just spoil every of your movies with horrible editing.
Parent
mature comment !
Parent
try to be better instead of acting fucked up
Parent
we got 4 guys,np
Parent
looking forward to this project then
Parent
frag of the month is more realistic imo
stickied
nice idea but videos instead of demos
QuoteAlot of ppl would send our little crew(around 5 guys atm) some demos of their frags which they have to proof they made it in that week.
:(
I think there are a lot of moviemakers able or even willing to make little clips of some megacool frags
You can't make an avi (frags of the month) out of 4 avi's (4 frags of the week). So best send in just demos and that crew would use it to make an avi out of it.
Parent
tapsa you epic failed! :<
Parent
You can bury this project if you expect people to send you avis!
Parent
I would support this idea. We need new things, maps, ideas and this is it ;) nice job.

The best frags can be rolling on crossfire like on flash or how dose it work when you go to website and there is so movie trailer rolling as small window.
i support this guys(?) idea!
Parent
Good Luck with that one.

Make sure Quaky is in the crew ;)
I think this is gonna be a lot of work for you, but no bad idea
Sounds cool, but backtrack a little to the first OC matchweek or something, some serious face rapage in our first OC game

and also don't limit it to frags, but awesome actions too
I see you really like that "face raping" phrase...
Parent
it's because i rape face, a lot more than noodle
Parent
ye i love deepthroat to
Parent
+1x6³x¤3.114141424:6aq²= ...
Parent
AFFIRMATIVE
omg next time i want to see the wa you did that
CONGRATS
1st who answered right <3
have to work now
Parent
i used my uber secret calculator
Parent
image: fabricalc

??? this 1 ???
Parent
That sounds a great idea
nice but its a lot of work for u ..

gl
sounds really nice, but i doubt these lazy ET-players would actually send you the demos;p wish you the best of luck!
im avi if you need help kito :D altough i still suck @ moviemaking :DDD
gl, nice initiative.
If u guy want help with cfg, compression video/audio. feel free to ask.
Sounds great, gl
when this will be succesfull you will have many many demos to look oO. much work...
are you sure that you and your crew has enough motivation to watch demos ? :D
if they are timemarked i think so yes :D
Parent
project name = ET Weekly !
Parent
nice idea
nice gL
i think the makers of the clip should be operators of #moviemakers.et !!!

so it kinda could be integrated with it if ya know. like website where those all frags of the week are listed etc. if someone can help me with coding i guess i could help with it ofc.
omg maybe that would imply us two working together, IF I get involved actively in the project ^^

apocalypse!
:P
Parent
Hey I posted that ! :p
did you made that? NO so stfu
Parent
does he say that? NO so stfu
Parent
He wanted to be the original one! so STFU
Parent
Where is this image from? I recognize it.
Parent
New batman movie.
Parent
well, its a good idea, if not the best atm here on cf
we dont take demos from random mIRC wars or mixes,

Kill = Kill newbiee
great idea <3
I agree that it's a great idea :)
I agree that WSK agree's on that it's a great idea :)
Parent
too much work
sounds interesting :) GL
nice idea , hf watching like every day 40 demos of every fucking player who plays wars :)
Well that's 8 demos each if he has 5 people working with him = not too hard :)
They'd only be sending in their best moments anyway so it's not like they're going to give in every demo and say 'find a nice frag here kthx'
Parent
i not must be only a frag or?

Like an nice sqzz jump or something
Parent
well the idea is "frag of the week" but a nice docrun of a team with 15+ revives should be accepted aswell imo
Parent
15 revivs aren't possible since you got 10 needels only ;)
Parent
i didn't say per person! teamwork is key!
Parent
ahh ok:P we will see im still planing all things like irc hompegae name etc etc
Parent
you can get 5 ammo crates during somewhere between 7th and 8th revive.
Parent
every day like 40 demos? the thing is... if someone wants to be the "fragger of the week" he need to send us his timemarked demo with his frag. i dont think everyone will their demos to us
Parent
you wrote that if someone's frag is denied, he can send his next frag after a month. and if someone got nice frag 2 days later?

i got one more question: the frag has to be made in the same week as "Frag of the week" edition?
Parent
ofc, otherwise it would not make sense!:)

+ witht aht thing about "one month later" w0nd3r made a mistake in his post ofc if u done a frag 2 days later u can send us :)
Parent
would like to see that. especially for lowbirds like me or clans who don't play every offi on ettv it would be an honour to be in a frag of the week movie. like in soccer where sometimes a goal of a third league player becomes goal of the month...
great idea !
I'd vote for drago's panzerfaust at frost :D
great idea! kitolein =)
could be very nice indeed , unless everybody sends his demo when he does a knife kill or something.
nice idea kito gl
call me if you need help :P
hi , come irc pl0x ^.^
Parent
go for it ! Tor der Woche :P
sounds pretty cool. gl for it x)
Hey! It's called football nothing else! Soccer is made up word from the land of friend chicken made up sports!
GO KITO :D gl with this project... great idea :P
i second that idea
hey chicka, 5 and a half week and I'm in London biatch :D
I always like watching some nice frags but I want to warn you that you'll have a lot, yes A LOT of work with it.
Sounds pretty awesome, maybe doing a top5/ top 10 of the month would be more feasible, go for it imo!
thanks , we prolly look for someone who could make us a short voicecomment to every frag to put it in the avi. interessted?:DDDD
Parent
Mashed doing that is too good to be true ;D
Parent
sure, sounds good
Parent
wow rly? man that would be awesome! ill pme u if we start our first competition :D
Parent
Remember to breathe ;-p
Parent
what is this 'breathing' you speak of?
Parent
joe iez noo funnieh !
Parent
nice idea gogogogogo
2-week-project and then itll die
stop beeing so positiv:D
Parent
no gl.

edit: you still didnt render it, bitch. will never trust you again.
not.

with few words: kito lazy shit kiddy.

still i love you wonder <3
Parent
with few words : vaGgi, OSSI!D:
Parent
immer noch besser als so scheiße im hirn zu sein wie du
Parent
brauche n "internet - serious business" pic
Parent
just so long as killerboy isnt a clip maker :D
Crossfire is becomming more and more of a community for itself than for e-sports.
=> NO!!!
Nice idea but imo it's bound to fail, and fail hard it will!
the major problem imo is to get players send in their movies at the start

when the project gets a bit of fame and tribute then it is np
players got to send demos!
Parent
this idea is great support for ET community thx for interests about ET , nice to see some ppl still trying to save ET from death :)

GL guys hope this project will be success :)
Nice! :) GL
well, because i'm currently at the seychelles ( >D ) i dont want to use any time to comment this, but you know what i think anyway, dont you :)
better to do it monthly, purely because workload would be easier on everyone involved. this way would not be delayed as much and if it was would not be as obvious.
gl

sidenote: #quaky.net - quaky and his m8 are looking for demos/frags/shoutcasts for Fragarea 4
so the mission is failed ? where is the avis ?

you wanted to do it every week right? Impossible.
IMpossible? why?:( we will start taking demos fr the first competition form today, Journal or Forum post soon =)
Parent
lies & reply stealer :(
Parent
natürlich fangen wir heute an
Parent
nah, you xfire on > win
Parent
Nice idea.

I would call it frag of the week - thats selfexplanatory

About demos - you need to cooperate with tv admins and shoutcaster - they are usually watching those games and they should send demos not players (we all know that players are lazy bithces) - in football players themselves dont send propositions about goal of the week
would you watch our and every other official match at the same time? :-)
Parent
Nah, I mean that people that are already watching it should propose frags to this contest
Parent
please dont compare et to football :D
etplayers dont spend whole life for trainings and etplayers are not wasted after the match :)
And football players wouldnt send avis themselves e.g. because they have no idea about computers and stuff^^
Parent
sounds cool but requires a lotta work
I as well think that it would be too short time - one week. But month is too long imo. Maybe try to think about editions coming every two weeks.
I mean, you will surely do it with first 5 editions on time, but you have to provide this project a long future. After some time, many of you will get bored/busy etc, so one week is kinda too short.

Btw, I can see all those rambo medics / crazy field ops' running for avifrag instead of objective... =)
so hows the project going?
not rly good , noone wants to send demo's atm, no demos -> no party

ill do my best to get somed emos from ettv
Parent
no one even knows that this project has started already , cause this post was just only the idea

make new post or something
Parent
perhaps you shouldn't only accept wars from offiwars
Parent
hahaha

nice fail

need some epic fail pics pls
what fail plz? explain, i dont get it =)

EDiT: kanker mongool
Parent
i want to see the frags with good configs and good quality then, not with 480x280 with grey and orange saturation 666 settings.
Are you kidding me? :p
The quality will be much better and higher as you said. There will be also a streaming plugin like on youtube to show the current fragoftheweek, but ppl are also able to download the video in full quality.
Parent
well taking a look at spree's, kito's, knutbert's and slifer's most recent work, i wouldnt be surprised if thats what i said is what we get.
Parent
nah, won't be happen. The demos we will get, will be converted in a low *.avi quality for the crew only, who decide, if the movie is competitive or not. After making decisions we choose the best 10 for the "fragoftheweek" movie. The movie qualitiy of this video will be much higher than the lowvids. And notice: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Parent
i see, you didnt understand what i said, or you are trying to move my thoughts to something totally different.

im not talking about beauty nor about low avi-files.

its not about beauty, you can look at these fragoftheweek things totally objective.
Parent
480*280 plz u failed with your try to be funny, and the organge saturation we wont use too sir<3
Parent
800x450 w/e its all the same.
Parent
nealy pissed my pants, even emos would laugh @ your fucking funny jokes jhaahahah
Parent
too bad that im not joking.
Parent
http://rfki.eu/kito/Clips/WormTest.wmv
http://rfki.eu/kito/Clips/Criatura_vs_NL.mp4
http://rfki.eu/kito/Clips/i_wanna_be_free.mp4

cant see 800*xx tbfh. i cant find knut's ftp link atm, but belive me, he isnt using a low reso also.
Parent
cba to download

but check these out!
wat
Parent
[ ] 4Knutbert.mp4 made in 1 day with cl_avidemo 200
[SND] Kito@1337 Bashtime v.0.9.wmv directly done after deathbox trailer
[ ] KnutBert@1337 BASHTIME by KnutBert xD.mp4 -> by KNutbert , its HD tbh.
[VID] deathBox_Trailer_by_Kito.avi -> my first movie ever
[ ] inTrepidfinitoxD.mp4 -> made by the almighty senS
[ ] kito@1337 Bashtime 2.mp4 older than perfo³
[VID] kito@1337bashtime TehMovie.avi older than perfo²
[VID] this_little_et_movie_by_kito.avi -> older than perfo, made in 1 day with cl_avidemo 200
[ ] zOMAGOD.mp4 -> made by knut,in HD

kk mr, im zeh ubermoviemaker
Parent
Quote by Ruipperiwell taking a look at spree's, kito's, knutbert's and slifer's most recent work, i wouldnt be surprised if thats what i said is what we get.
Parent
i could just provide you the clips some comments up there,
Parent
watched, id like to see the frags actually. due to that blur you cant see anything while moving.
Parent
those clips are actually around being pathetic tbh :xd
Parent
Germanyroflkiwi
I really like the idea, specially with mashed shoutcasting it!
Hope it works out
slifer ftw xD still sounds like a good idea to me
:> jpx#owzo ftw
Parent
ye lol :DD
Parent
*CLAPPING HANDS
image: labels=0
get lost with your fucking counter, kid
Parent
project released: www.frag-theatre.eu
sticky can be removed