high distance wtf?

Check this out:
image: cannot-see
image: somehow-can

Why can't I see the place when I'm pointing on it, but I can while pointing somewhere else? How to change this, so that I can see where I'm actually shooting?

EDIT:
Btw, I use r_overbrightbits 1. Is there any way not to have 'yellow' windows after minimizing et? :)
Comments
walk closer to it
it's just the way it's coded, it's the same for everyone, no way to change it. It's the game engine
ye, so all highskillers shoot there eventhough they cant see the target?
Parent
I sometimes turn a bit to see there and shoot then. Also if u got 90 fov, u prolly see a bit further (I'm not sure about this). Anyway it's mostly just waste of ammo because bullets from that distance don't hurt much
Parent
Many times I got hit by the guys who were standing exactly in the same place as me on the pics.
Parent
It's called knowing spawntimes.
Parent
what has spawntime to do with the guy who is standing at west radar?
Parent
mate it's the same as shooting someone through bushes. if it's ~15 secs till ur spawn u fire a few preshots and if u get a hit then you fire more at the spot and track their expected route. courtyard on grush for example.
Parent
Well say they spawn at 40 at the cp, and as a rough estimate, it takes them about 4 seconds to get to the "peak" of the hill.

Theres only so many ways in which they can go, you could start pre-shooting at around 44 (4 secs after they spawned) at the stairs going down behind the tank building, or you could spray a couple of shots beside the trees or something.
Parent
36 you mean, as timer goes down, not up :-)
Parent
yeah thats what i meant. Wasn't really thinking when i wrote the comment :D
Parent
try to lean :P u will see far away :P i always do this when im defending the cp side radar :P
you mean 'east radar'? :D
Parent
yes :) we never call it as east or west at portuguese community.. its more like cp radar or main radar :P
Parent
btw, leaning doesnt help (if i understood correctly^^), pressing q or e and the vision is the same :(
Parent
just move your crosshair to the right/left!
Parent
well, thats obvious :) its just he said 'leaning' and it means pressing q or e, but it seems he didnt mean that^^
Parent
eu nao lool xD
Parent
!!! Eu sempre chamei assim (pk n sabia de outra maneira no inicio do et xD )
Parent
alias eu no inicio era radar 1 e radar 2, dps e que veio o west e east xD
Parent
Há que ser práticos ! Um é da main e outro é do cp, muito mais simples! :D
Parent
Well glad to hear everyone got this problem,I thought this is only ati related shite.
lol i dont have that problem.. oO
show pic pls :)
Parent
Probably because of your buttugly config.
welcome to et
this is one hell of an ugly config btw
give me better :)
remember, that it may look differently on my screen, than the image on your screen. but still, I also think this config is disgrace to me :D
Parent
image: b6up56vfg56e2eugc for me >_<
WINGLOLVEN HAS NO CROSSHAIR LOLHAX
Parent
winghaven dont need a crosshair, because the crosshair is winghaven :O
Parent
dumbhead maybe zoom then u see it
Parent
o'rly? just understand the joke -.-"
Parent
better as a chuck norris joke :/ ?!
Parent
chuck norris joke > this one :)
me iz nub :<
Parent
There is a little cyan dot in the middle of the screen
Parent
omg its gray not cyan ! +.+
Parent
dont you think he noticed???!!?! :DD
Parent
I think the frogeater is blind!
Parent
good point 8D
Parent
shhhhhhhhhh

And, to make you smile, no, I didn't notice :[. I was very late and it was eally not easy to see.

WINGLOLVEN HAS A CROSSHAIR HE CANNOT SEE
Parent
damn those highskiller cheaters wtf how can they shoot there when i dont see a shit??!?!?!?!+11111111
you will all get to hell, im telling you!
Parent
YEA TELL US HOW YOU DO IT?!
Parent
noo u have to tell me!
Parent
mystic cfg
The visible box around you has the shape of a square and not of a circle.
Welcome to gaydar, much the same as mp_tram from RtCW worst maps ever.
radar is actually the best map in et's history. simply epic!
Parent
this is officially becoming in show me your config yournal...
wuhu, 3ppl showed a ss!

image: 7y4b6fzk_png
Parent
lol nazi talk here!!! alarm!! he said ss!!!
Parent
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENSHOT
Parent
thatts pretty much old news
That yellow windows may have something to do with /r_ignorehwgamma. Turn it to 1 and see if it helps. Your ingame gamma may be a bit more dark, but you can adjust it with r_intensity, r_overbrightbits and r_mapoverbrightbits. And remember to do /vid_restart :>
thats it, ignorehwgamma set to 1 blocks overbrightbits from working, but thats not solving the problem, as i want to play with overbrightbits on, but when i minimize to windows, bill gates system's gamma should stay normal, not modified by et's settings :(

i know it can be solved somehow. had it solved on my old pc, but dunno how i did it back then, as it was kinda 2 years ago..

anyway thanks for help
Parent
Hmm..at least for me overbirghtbits works even though I'm having ignorehwgamma 1.. :o and mapoverbrightbits is almost the same.. I'm sure you can find the most suitable way:)
Parent
r_subdivision 0 r_coronas (or smthn like that)

make both minimum value shuld give u bit further view+in system settings theres a depth buffer value. make that as high as ur pc can handle with reasonable fps. also gives bigger view longranger
just NO, there´s one cvar for the draw distance and it´s cheat protected, what is quite logical.
Parent
`combination of these commands can give u bigger view, u jus tneed to figure out the right numbers for you gfx
Parent
iirc it's the r_zfar cvar that controls how far you see... normally the barrier wouldn't be visible cos of fog and what not...

BUT the cvar is cheat-protected....
It's like this in many games, for example America's army
r_longrange 1

LoL!
Imagine a paper straight in front of you, like a wall. It always moves and its center is in the middle of where you look. Try looking up and down and you will get the same effect!
/facepalm
it's a disease :<.
Hey newbie, welcome to the wonderfull world of W:ET :)