I forgot how much fun this was...

Hey.

Wow, It's been 5 years I last logged in here. And I guess 6 years since I last played ET. I just reinstalled it again, and to my amazement it worked on vista 64 now (which it didnt before).

After cursing about lost config/key bindungs and quickly patching something together I had good fun on some pub servers. After all those years I still know the maps so good (=

But alas, there was ONE stopwatch server. ONE! Isn't anyone playing 6vd6 funclan anymore?

I'd be interested :)
Comments
the real oldschool :p welcome back
yeah 6on6 = DED :O 5on5 3on3 only :O
cybergames couple servers, bio, stabox, thats about it?
Wrong. There's about 30-40 european ETPRO servers which are active at normal hours.
Parent
Hmm. etpro.. i notice it seems to be "noquarter" now. what is this. and what the hell are these auto-guided missiles?
jaymod and noquarter public modes mostly, ofc u can play wars too there if u want :p

competive et is still played in etpro
Parent
Ah good to know.

A few hours of public are fun though. If only to get my config halfway up to par.

How is the scene alike now? I guess -- or hope -- there aren't many cheaters left? How'd cheat in a ten year old game? :o

is there still something like etgather? or any active qnet channels for that matter?
There are quite many cheaters, but they're not a real problem like they were some years ago. They can't even beat real highskillers with their cheats :)
Parent
Unless they put things to maxvalue!
Parent
watch out people might send you DEADLY VIRUS LINKS ON THE INTERNET!!1111
Parent
and there are no gathers atm & there were only liek 5 in 2009
you can ofc merc tho (#et.merc #5on5.et and so on)
Parent
idd, on esl were a few in autumn 09, #et.gather is out of use for 2 yrs or so
however you just need a server i think to start a gather at esl & spread that one is open everywhere to get one so go for it
Thank you, Sir.

It was indeed. I only found this again because a friend convinced me to try out Bad Company 2. Now I really am not a FPS person but that one is so bad.. and I remembered the good olf ET times. Download (for free! \o/, install, curse a but and fiddle around... oh su much more fun:)

And thanks for the channel hint. Maybe there *could* be a gather again? Or not enogh people?
id think its easier to gather 5 players and search for a war, there is huge amount of 5v5's played every day
Parent
Was expecting to see "Member for: 1 month", but no!
Hai there, someone
i like your nick :)
welcome back!
"I forgot how much fun this was..."

and so did the majority, it´s all serious business now :)
welcome back
go on #3on3 and #5on5 and write "merc avi!", get on vent and play wars with them.
also idle at #crossfire - the community's channel.