Generic whine

Hello,

Just bored and feel like ranting abit, there's nothing in this journal that'll actually help change anything so naturally it is fundamentally useless. But I'd just like to question the current state of the ET community; physically I think it hasn't changed a whole lot over the years, yes there are a few less teams these days and they are more unstable and of course the injection of cheaters into the situation. But mentally the ET community has become an awful thing, simply because of the "witchhunt", if you will, over cheaters.

I've never really been affected by this witchhunt until recently, as I got a new computer and the etproguid is screwed up somehow and I share it with like 20 other people (not sure exactly why this is, perhaps something to do with me not installing vista myself, I let Dell do it before it was delivered). Though as a consequence my yawn now has loads and loads of pbguids to 1 etpro guid (some of which have the evil red triangle next to it). Thus when my team starts winning in a match, or I make a few nice kills on a pub they opposing team or whatever will check the yawn and without even looking closely accuse of cheating and ultimate kick me (but care).

Now this isn't necessarily because in their eyes I definitely cheat, it's more I believe that they want me to cheat. Perhaps they've lost a round rather quickly and they don't want to accept that we are the better team and so I must be cheating. It's like with witchhunts back in the old times (you'll have to forgive my terrible knowledge of history) but often they'd accuse people or being witches not because of evidence (no I don't believe witches actually exist) but simply because they did not like that person, maybe they've got a bigger house or more land or whatever. Other reasons motivate the accusation.

I guess the point of this journal is to ask people to look alittle closer at yawns, check them in alittle more detail, maybe you'll come to better conclusions. And please don't "want" people to cheat, don't assume the worst in people. Remember the days when someone made an amazing kill (like a spin 3hs kill) and you'd say "great shot", what do you think you'd say now? I know its hard to avoid the belief that people are cheaters, because there are so many these days, though you can try. If you really do believe they are cheaters, in my opinion, finish the map or round and leave, check wolfcam & pbss etc after. I do believe you can improve faster as a player if you don't accuse others of cheating too, instead analysing what they're doing better and try to learn from them. Try to bring back a friendliness to the community - even in these rather bad circumstances.

Thanks for the few who may of read this. :)
Comments
I READ IT LOL
you just passed the "i am bored" test
Parent
k read it all :D
Parent
I've read it, and you are absolutely right :)
Was waiting for someone to write this down for a long time ; D

Indeed it's very strange, a long time ago you would say 'wow' when someone made a triple kill or smth, nowadays people call you a cheater for doing that.
image: PopeTLDR

Just give us a summary.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Parent
I read it.
seconding you
Griim how about getting a job finaly ?
Haha never!

I see you wrote this at 8:25, hf at work! I was asleep till 1pm! :D
Parent
you are right, man!
But as much as i want the community to be nice and friendly, as high is the ignorance, intolerance, childness and retardness in that community.
People have lost their will to play et seriously.
on the internet nobody can see you behind your screen playing that game... best opportunity for some geeky frustrated nolifers to pay their ignorance back to the community...
they love it to be cheaters, to be retarded to the community...

look at nC, or nixCoders with their new public(!) eth...
they want to be retarded...

and now imagine how frustrated they are irl...
i know a guy from nixcoders, basically a frustrated guy that has lost almost everything in his life... he s been in jail for almost 2 years some time ago, geeking around 24/7 now and you cant even ask him to play a round without cheats with u...
his reason: he is proud of nixcoders that they managed to code such a comprehensive hack, nixcoders deserves fame for that n stuff... (some of you might know whom i m talking bout)

maybe thats the reason for the communities end...

but now it is too late already...
you cant change people.
I have same problem: some polish spoofed my guid and now there are red triangles and some opponents kick me becouse of that. Example we played yesterday against some kevlar and he just pasted "Caught by PBSS MULTIHACK" and that i am a cheater. Everytime when he got owned he said "so unexpected" "nice preshooting" etc

http://www.yawn.be/findPlayer.yawn?gamecode=ET&etproGuid=1E9333EE8011CC0B0607596C85CB0FE7D8436FE1
read this thing again, afaik, you don't have the same problem ;)
Parent
this is!
QuoteI've never really been affected by this witchhunt until recently, as I got a new computer and the etproguid is screwed up somehow and I share it with like 20 other people (not sure exactly why this is, perhaps something to do with me not installing vista myself, I let Dell do it before it was delivered). Though as a consequence my yawn now has loads and loads of pbguids to 1 etpro guid (some of which have the evil red triangle next to it). Thus when my team starts winning in a match, or I make a few nice kills on a pub they opposing team or whatever will check the yawn and without even looking closely accuse of cheating and ultimate kick me (but care).
Parent
Didint read but nice post.
the point you make is very true, but due to the general ignorance and immaturity in the community i doubt they'll change their attitudes
solution: stop caring

image: n124319
lost you at "just bored", it's morning for god sake
You do have a point, I find myself doing the same from time to time -"MUST BE HAX" ! Without even checking yawn at all. Well it's lame idd, but I'a victim myself! I'll try to not do it anymore :<

All in all a nice thaught!
etproguids can't be trusted.
You have absolutely right. I was yesterday also playing against waco and Rafiki said later to zeto that I was shooting weard. Actually, I don't care, because I know i'm not cheating.
About the cheating, you can write so much, so I'll ask you another thing.

How about the lagscripters? I also played yesterday against them. First round, we won easily against them, and then we couldn't hit them. That is also very clearly.
I honestly don't think lagscripts make any real difference in ET, the legal ones of course (not the netcoder hitbox altering ones). I think it's all relative; the more laggy you make yourself, the harder it is for your opponent to hit you but also the harder it is for you to hit your opponent. Besides you just have develop a different strategy when playing against laggers, e.g. don't crouch as much and strafe more (take advantage of their inability to hit you too). That's just my opinion, I don't know whether it's the truth.

And by the way, in some maps teams aren't very good as they don't have tactics or more map knowledge. Could it be that on this second map they were much better on the second map and adept at using the environment? - So making them harder to hit. I guess you could watch the demo again and check whether they were actually better on that second map or not.
Parent
Actually, they weren't ;)
They just lagged so hard, we couldn't hit them any shit!
We get pissed of, and then you even shoot worse .. so ..
Parent
Nice post Griim

Shame About the fragmovie.

Nah n1, True, We need more refs to mute these hippie scum

Now, Someone Quote my Membership length
Nice post Griim

Long an Good imo